Forum Rules | FAQ | Memberlist | Private Messages

Main Discussion Forum | Marketplace / Trade Forum 
One more reason life can be difficult on Beaver Island
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beaver Island Forum Index -> Main Beaver Island Open Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ktaylor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:18 am 
Post subject:

I feel sorry that the backwoodsbuccaneer feels the need to bury information and updates. So be it. Sad
backwoodsbuccaneer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:28 am 
Post subject:

has nothing to do with preventing new info, just start a new thread. This one basically turned into a dumpster fire that everyone is sick of seeing. Trust me I'm all for what you're doing, but reviving the same thread after a week instead of just creating a new one or going with one of the new threads, especially since tons of people have been trying to drown this thread, just makes any info you share less appealing unfortunately.
Darby Campbell

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:23 pm 
Post subject:

Mr. Buccaneer, I am the guilty culprit for posting again to this topic. In Mr. Taylor's defense he has started several new postings since his original posting calling our attention Ms. Wojan's and the health center's "nasty" letter to Dr. White's attorney. The only reason I posted again to this subject was for the benefit of Mr. McCafferty who continues to post addressing me by name and believes there is some conspiracy theory against the health center and board. By Mr. Taylor posting a copy of Dr. White's letter to the health center and the succession of health center minutes ignoring her request to sign a contract that would allow her to continue to provide dental services to Beaver Island, I believe has addressed Mr. McCafferty's "other side of the story" and conspiracy theory.
Sorry for jumping back on the subject but thought an explanation was due to the many viewers.

DC
Darby Campbell

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:48 pm 
Post subject:

Any update on the new dentist?

DC
sandpiper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:48 pm 
Post subject:

All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth
My two front teeth
See my two front teeth
Gee, if I could only have my two front teeth
Then I could wish you, "Merry Christmas"
Darby Campbell

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:16 pm 
Post subject:

Seriously, I was hoping for the sake of the island that a dentist has been selected and setting up practice by now.

DC
BI Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:13 am 
Post subject:

The opening of my mobile dental practice has been delayed a bit. Sad The inspection of my dental tools is the reason. I'm soaking my picks and scrapper in CLR. Shocked Must be I didn't dry them after removing the tartar and plaque from Tug's teeth last month. Rolling Eyes Should have them looking like new and ready for you soon. It should be fun practicing on real people. Very Happy Embarassed Wink
duffer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:15 am 
Post subject: medical

it is sad that i see the old island residents have amnesia! yes as a kid we had doc christy, in his day he would remove cyst and other malady,s right in his office, he seldom sent people to the mainland for simple procedures, as time and liability have changed now we send everyone to the mainland for simple thing.s I was diagnosed with hemochromatosis, a simple fix is to get blood drawn,,,,,, I been told that they wont give me a basic phlabotomy with out blood test first? the blood test being 200 bucks the blood draw another 200. I go to colorado and united blood services draws my blood for free they dont need a running blood test, I go to a private doctor for one test when i get there and united calls me when they can draw again, i asked for draw on the island and was told they would not do it with out a test first. I am watching my health and my insurance is 7500 deductible so it pays nothing,,, how can a proffesional blood service do it for free and with out blood test? i just know i don,t want to pay for a test every time i go in, but it is money for the clinic which i already get taxed for. it just erodes my money and i stay on my health. i wont ever get the way they treated wendy either. so many un answered questions and do you get input from those who are in charge? no because they think saying nothing is better. myself i go to the mainland every chance i get for medical finding it not even close to affordable if they wont work with you... but Wendy would work with us and she was treated poorly. for someone who like both people of the equation why do ego,s get in the way of common sense?
AEW

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:50 am 
Post subject:

I still remember when the new medical center was being built and what a fiasco it was. No place for the EMTs. No weather resitant place to transfer patients to and from ambulances. A horribly energy inefficient design. Any of the contractors on the Island could have designed a better more cost effective and efficient building (hmmm I should FOIA the utilitiy bills). It was a boondoggle from day 1.

Then the "Board" insisted on hiring this off Island "consultant" for over 80k when we had a woman on the Island with over 30+ years in healthcare administration and management experience who told the board she was willing to do it all for free. Then, if my memory is correct the "consultant" did such an absolute crap job the first time much of the work had to be done over. So what did the board do? The board gave her an additional 80k to finish up.

Then around early 2000 we had an Island resident named Dr Mark Folkering. He was a 30+ year general practitioner. He told me he was talking with the health center board to be the permanent Island Doctor. He told me the board told him that if they and Charlevoix hospital did not want a permanent Island doctor because they would loose some type of rural health care status and loose some operating expenses if they hired him. (pssst. healthcare is Doctors, nurses and technicians not fancy buildings and administrative staff).

I really think the Island needs to get rid of a lot of the "boards" and just hire expert managers with solid resumes who give public monthly reports to the township and community on the status of operations.

Someone once said that the healthcare center should have been built attached to the Airport so we can just fly people off faster. Might have been some merit to that.
sandpiper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:57 am 
Post subject:

I think I have located the new dentist for Ms. Wojan.

EXCLUSIVE: Not a care in the world for the millionaire dentist who slaughtered Cecil the Lion with his bow and arrow exactly a year ago as he drives his new $120,000 Porsche to a cocktail bar.

Walter Palmer hunted and killed Cecil the Lion on a reserve in Zimbabwe on 1 July 2015, generating worldwide revulsion.
Darby Campbell

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:08 pm 
Post subject:

Is Walter Palmer the dentist coming to the island? Is he any relation to the lady who started the lawn service?

Last edited by Darby Campbell on Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
sandpiper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:27 pm 
Post subject:

Ms. Wojan is very tight lipped about it. She did say she was talking with 6 dentists and this one is from Minnesota, which isn't far away.

EXCLUSIVE: Here is the rest of the story: He isn't going to be prosecuted, so that is a plus.

The millionaire dentists, from Minneapolis, Minnesota, went into hiding amid calls for him to be prosecuted for the killing
Zimbabwe abandoned bid to extradite Palmer, 56, after deciding no laws had been broken and federal authorities ruled against charging him in US
Palmer was seen in his home city this week enjoying his new $120,000 Porsche Cayenne Turbo and heading to a cocktail bar
Vigils to be held for Cecil on Saturday in Washington DC and London as wildlife charities are renewing calls for action to stop hunting
Bump

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:49 pm 
Post subject:

Arrow
ktaylor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:52 pm 
Post subject:

I was not able to attend the meeting, but so far those that did attend the meeting today, said there was not a new dentist mentioned. I hope the BIRHC has in their minutes what is happening. I also heard that the Health Center has to obtain a grant to buy dental equipment. I will offer a $1, as that seems to be the going cost of dental equipment in the past. I wish they would level with the community so everyone can make plans for the future. Nothing is going to happen in the next 6 months obviously, so why doesn't the board say so.
Darby Campbell

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:05 am 
Post subject:

I'm so disappointed. What happened to the Doctor Porter who I heard was coming as the island dentist?

DC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beaver Island Forum Index -> Main Beaver Island Open Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: