BIRHC board of directors are ???

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Kirk,

Thank you for your disclosure. I am sure that they have been very good friends and I am sorry to hear about your issues with the Health Center. Please understand, I followed this thread and can see both sides of the coin. I have said more than once that Ken has some valid concerns. Kens methods and abuse are not helping. There are many ways to communicate and name calling and harassing are not good ways to do so. I can see that Ken has a passion, and I am afraid that people like Pike and "Darcy" are feeding the fuel. They are laughing at Kens expense as well. Ken's last post before I posted simply went too far.

Pike,

It is interesting to me that someone with no financial ties to the island, that has vacationed 2 weeks a year for 13 years can feel that they have the right to verbally abuse others and name call. So let me break this down for you. 4 weeks for 13 years is 52 weeks or one year. So you feel that having devoted 52 weeks of your life to vacationing on an island gives you the right to speak the way you do?

Take your own advice leave the turmoil at the dock...and don't look back. You have made it clear you have no use for Beaver Island and don't want to live here. So why not leave the people alone that do live here? You are a bully, and bullies cant be reasoned with.
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Kathe -
Your point is well taken. I think Ken is experiencing the same frustration with the BIRHC and the board that I experienced. That is their refusal to hear concerns, circling the wagons and not wanting to take part in improving health care services to Beaver Island when problems are brought to their attention. I think these things were expressed in my earlier post. They take our tax dollars and wall themselves off seeing no connection for accountability or responsibility.
There is no doubt that Ken is passionate but more than that he is concerned with the future of Beaver Island and a critical component of that future is the BIRHC. I hope that no one reading these posts will let the words or the approach used cloud the fact that there is a real concern with the BIRHC shared by many people on and off the Island. For the future of the Island it is critical that the BIRHC recognizes that fact and take appropriate action to change their behavior. I am confident when that happens you will see Ken change his reaction and approach to the BIRHC and board. Until that happens, remain open to the message and not the messenger or the words expressing the message.
Kirk
K.A. Pike

Post by K.A. Pike »

Kathe,

I was going to leave this post alone, but you baited me, so I'll respond.

I would like you to cut and paste directly from my post each time I "verbally abuse others" and when I called someone a name.

I've been called a lot of things, but a bully, really????? You throw that accusation around quite a bit. I'm thinking you might be a little too thinned skinned to be on a forum.

I do have financial ties to the island, but I don't have to prove it to you to justify my input.

Thank you for sending me a PM and expressing your views to me outside the pubic forum. It took me a while to get to it because I had to read the other PM's before and after yours thanking me for my recent posts.

I'm going to let you have the last word, at some point a thread becomes a mute point and this one is there.
Darby Campbell

Post by Darby Campbell »

Ms. Meade, You are obviously a morning and night person whereas I'm a night person. Yes a new face on the forum but long time follower and first time poster.
We do not live on Beaver Island.
My wife and I differ on the number of visits to Beaver Island. I say 9 and she says 8 but we do agree on the fact that it is always July.
Darby was my GGM's surname but I've always gone by DC.
I hope to meet with John McCafferty next July 3, 4, or 5 and would welcome a chance to meet with you.
I have no idea how Mr. Taylor received Dr. White's letter to the health center.
I have no expectation of the health center board engaging in debate on this forum but would hope that they communicate to the people of Beaver Island as to when a replacement dentist will be available.
I am not a tax payer and have never experienced the services of the health center so therefore do not see calling as being beneficial or having any impact. I would attend a meeting if the timing were right and they are open to the non tax paying public.
I have previously stated that the health center staff and board may very well be good people but sometimes good people do not always do the right things.
I can not speak for Mr. Taylor but am sure he has valid concerns which others seem to share.
I would hope that the majority of my replies are viewed as positive in suggesting possible ways of solving what I feel to be a very critical issue for the health center and people of Beaver Island. I say this in hopes of some day being able to afford retirement there.
I look forward to a date and time we can meet next July, God Willing.

DC
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Ken took down his post, so my comments in regards to it are not needed now.

To the visitors and potential homeowners:

Beaver island is magical. The beautiful beaches, trails, water and sunsets are just the beginning. The families that call this home are hard working good people. Please do not let a a few stop you from visiting. We came 8 years ago and could not imagine leaving. Check out the chamber, the beaver beacon and Google videos of the island. Please know that many of the people on here being rude and causing issues do not live here year round, some have no property here. Come visit the island. When you come by boat you are greeted by islanders that have had family here generations back. Visit the grocery store and check out one the great selection of products. Stroll down town and you will know why it is called Paradise bay. Stop by the community center and talk with the ladies. Thier love for the island is contagious. I promise you you will fall in love. Beaver Island is truly a Paradise.

Kathe Meade
Last edited by meadefamily on Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Love it. Go Kathe!!!

John McCafferty
treehugger

Post by treehugger »

John: You might qualify yourself as McBride did for Kathy. Your sister is the Health Center manager, you have two brother-in-laws on the board and your friend Tracey also works for the health center. Then she will understand the your interest.

Birch Barker
Last edited by treehugger on Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Treehugger, thankyou for pointing out the obvious. Just So i am clear on the rules, am I to understand that because John(who I have never met) has relatives that are part of the Health Center he is not allowed to agree with my last post? I believe his family name goes back generations in a community that has a very small population. The chances of him not being related to anyone involved is fairly unlikely. Seems like a pretty unfair rule that he can not defend his family and friends when they are being attacked. Again, back to my original post. Even if the HC and board are 100 percent in the wrong, which I am not saying(so please don't twist it) the attacks are uncalled for.

On a side note, I am not aware of anyone with the last name treehugger with connections to the island. To be transparent how about in the future you sign your REAL full name. Maybe other know who you are, but I would like to know who is addressing me.

Kathe Meade
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Love it!!! Go Kathe!!!

John McCafferty
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

No response from the treehugger. I agree with you Kathe, he or she hiding behind a fictitious name and not signing with his or her real name. I wish I knew who it was because he or she obviously knows me and all my relatives. I am also sad that he or she didnâ??t approve of me cheering you on.

John McCafferty
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Tracey, perhaps John approves but ALL of us who know him know he's not writing these posts. You don't know crap about what you are talking about but keep yappin I guess, I get feedback every day about how morose your posts are, oh well. I heard you were moving, Godspeed! Kathy Meade, you have been on the island 5-7 years? You truly don't know all the facts but you assert that you do. Mr. Taylor has been alert about all of these things for many years, most people would back off because they get tired of it, I applaud him for sticking to it and keeping the heat on the unresponsive people who SHOULD respond but if it is indefensible I guess they stay quiet and have people like you come to their aid? K Pike was run out of here for over taxation, disrespect, the bullshit and clique/nepotism that is not faked, it exists! I'm related to them, pretty much all but I don't walk in those circles, shame on them for being so obvious and you for not really understanding the real truth, apparently Mr. Taylor does! Tracey doesn't but she keeps flapping, sad! Stay with it Ken, this is EXACTLY why this forum was established! Certainly can't count on local fake news to speak up, unless they are covering up more of the horse shit! Think before you comment! This crap is real! If no board member responds they are as guilty as the rest!
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Richie...I have repeatedly said I don't know the board or the politics. I have also repeatedly said that the method of delivery is abusive. Spin it how you want...Kens post about the board members was out of line. He even admitted after called out that he did not mean all of them...but yet he listed their names with a offensive tagline.

Below I have cut and pasted my original post for you TO READ CAREFULLY. As I have requested before, please do not twist my words to help your agenda. Unlike your non name fake friends that you allow to use this forum I have the courage to say my name. Still waiting on treehugger to crawl out and be accountable for his words...

If you are going to attempt to attack me at least make sure you read the post and don't twist the facts. O and a side note...to answer your question we have been on the island eight years.

The only "horse shit" (as you say)I see here is the fake names, mobbing techniques and attacking behavior that you and your buddies use.

Again...so words are not twisted...my writing on this topic is about the method of delivery. I have said more than once that Ken has valid concerns...I can see that if one does not agree with you and your fake named friends you attack.

You know how to cure a bully?? Stand up to him. Trust me Richie I can stand tall. I have never attacked you...and there have many of your post I have not agreed with on. Get your facts straight and read the post before you jump to conclusions. And if you decide to cut and paste my comments make sure you cut and paste the WHOLE topic...not what allows you to twist my words.

My post was genuine, all I asked was that Ken see it through another perspective and how his words impacted others. The way to accomplish change and growth is not by alienating and offending. How sad that filters have been lost in our world today.

Below is my original post that got you and your buddies panties in a bunch...READ it CAREFULLY as I say very clearly I don't know the scope of the issues...............

This thread has been exhausted and frankly I am not interested in repeating myself over and over as you and your buddies attack me from every angle so if you would like to talk send an email, you should have it on the forum. I am on to better things...the concept of decent behavior and two wrongs don't make it right is lost on this forum.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:26 pm

Ken,

Your post are becoming more and more offensive. I only know one of the board members and I promise you she is not the definition you posted above. She is a good person, awesome mom, community leader, community driven and she truly cares about this community by her involment and contributions both with time and money.

Being a bully and throwing threats is not the right way to handle the issues with health center. I am a tax payer and summer resident. I have a great deal of respect for the residents that live here year round and make this home. I understand your situation and I am sorry for your wife's illness does not allow you time to get to island.

Regardless of your concerns you do not have the right to be abusive and name call. These people live here and work here. Their kids go to school here. Creating a divide and drama reaches well beyond the few you have chosen to harass. This is a small community. You have targeted a group of people and your concerns about the Health Center have been clouded by your antics. Your credibility is also is question by your lack of professionalism and bullish behavior.

I don't know the scope of the issues with the politics on Beaver Island. I am sure the truth is fluid and there are many versions. What I do know however is that your methods and name slinging is uncalled for and border harassment. Regardless of the side of the fence you are on please remember these are people and families you are attacking. This goes deeper than the board members. Thier families, kids and community are being attacked as well.

You can comment back and make snarky comments, that is fine. What I hope is that you see that your methods are not working.

To the visitors and potential homeowners:

Beaver island is magical. The beautiful beaches, trails, water and sunsets are just the beginning. The families that call this home are hard working good people. Please do not let a a few stop you from visiting. We came 8 years ago and could not imagine leaving. Check out the chamber, the beaver beacon and Google videos of the island. Please know that many of the people on here being rude and causing issues do not live here year round, some have no property here. Come visit the island. When you come by boat you are greeted by islanders that have had family here generations back. Visit the grocery store and check out one the great selection of products. Stroll down town and you will know why it is called Paradise bay. Stop by the community center and talk with the ladies. Thier love for the island is contagious. I promise you you will fall in love. Beaver Island is truly a Paradise.

Kathe Meade
Last edited by meadefamily on Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Darby Campbell

Post by Darby Campbell »

I've been confused for the get go as to whether John is john or John is Tracey or Tracey is John or Tracey is Tracey. Thank you Mr. Gillespie for clarifying it for us. So if Tracey is John and John is Tracey then John must be the one posting that the chiropractor is coming to the health center? I can't blame Mr. Taylor for being frustrated by all the fake posts "islandliving" keeps posting.
I'm with Mr. Gillespie and Mr. Pike, keep it up Mr. Taylor.

DC
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

DC I guess I am confused...John and Tracey are using the same forum name because they haven't signed up for a second but each posting their own names so we do know who exactly is posting. We don't know who you are, so please fill us in if you are your own person and if so who you are, where you are from etc., if not we will assume you are Richie, Ken or somebody along those lines as there seems to be multiple posts under different names but really the same person....is this why the forum was started? Richie if you are a moderator you would assume then you would take the position of being impartial or it would be pretty hard to be a moderator...maybe you should consider somebody else for that position if you can not do it effectively.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

WOW!!! Richie are you the tree hugger and also Mary Duffy?? I want you to know that every post with my name signed is written by me. So I guess â??ALLâ?￾ of you donâ??t know me as well as you think. Taylor is handling his concerns in a very unprofessional manner and continues to slam my family and friends publicly. Not horseshit but bullshit. Maybe with all his money he should come up here and build a hospital in which he could control and put Dr. White back in the corner. Maybe instead of listing the incompetent board every Saturday we could get a list of who the new board should be. The constant bad mouthing is not getting much done. Maybe you and your â??ALLâ?￾ should get to know me better before accusing someone else of writing my post.

John McCafferty