Barbara J. Cruickshank-RIP

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Gillespie

Barbara J. Cruickshank-RIP

Post by Gillespie »

Barb passed away around 7:40 this morning. She suffered a massive stroke Tuesday evening while enjoying the company of her many friends and her PBR at Donegal Danny's. She was a fixture in this town and at the library for many years! Information on funeral arrangments will be posted as it becomes available. God rest her soul, she is home with her Bud and Grant, Bill and Brian, her sons.
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

One would have to sail wide and far to find a person like Barb and also Bud. May their seas be calm for eternity.
Skull&CrossBones
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Barb and also Bud were very special friends for many, many years. Judy and I will treasure the hours spent together with them and later with Barb on the patio swing. We spent hours discussing lots of nothing while enjoying each other, the deck flowers, view of the harbor, passing traffic and a PBR or two. After her 90th birthday we were doing our usual on the patio and when we left we told her we looked forward to next summer. She gave us a hug and kiss and said, "you never know", so be thankful for the times we have together. Barb, we are very thankful for all those times. We love and miss you.

Kirk & Judy McBride
Kirk
Bump

Post by Bump »

:arrow:
BobTidmore

Post by BobTidmore »

What a great neighbor for all these years. Best memories of Barb and Bud outside with Bud's PBR and a shot playing Bluegrass and having a great time together.
Bump

Post by Bump »

Bump

Post by Bump »

Darby Campbell

Post by Darby Campbell »

bumped
jacquel

Post by jacquel »

Barb was wonderful. I will miss stopping in with a loaf or two of Amish Friendship Bread for her. When she was at the library she knew everyoneâ??s favorite authors and would call when new books came in. Mark loved to stop in with a 6 pack of PBR to share with her and visit. We will both miss her.
backwoodsbuccaneer

Post by backwoodsbuccaneer »

So wonderful a person will be sorely missed. She will always be one of the best people I've ever known.
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

A true island gem, Bud and Barb are back together making heaven that much brighter. My condolences to the family.