Challenge to the BIRHC board

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Darby Campbell

Post by Darby Campbell »

Commendable

DC
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

I have asked this question several times and I have to believe that someone reading all these post must have the true answer. Again, did Doctor White ask to get out of her contract with the BIRHC or was she forced out by the so called nasty BIRHC board? It seems someone reading could answer this simple question.

John McCafferty
Darby Campbell

Post by Darby Campbell »

Mr. McCafferty,
It might be time to give it up.

DC
Bob Sramek

Post by Bob Sramek »

The Beaver Island Rural Health Center is owned money by the State of Michigan.
A claim can be filed through the State of Michigan Treasurer's Office under unclaimed property.
I have posted the state's description of money owned.

BEAVER ISLAND RURAL HEALTH
Property Number: 15165951
BEAVER ISLAND, MI
Transferred from: WELLPOINTE INC
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

It cannot be a matter of opinion or the publics descision if someone resigns or not. Either she resigned or she didn't?? Did Dr. White at some point ask the BIRHC to leave and get out of her contract with them or did the BIRHC go to Dr. White and tell her she must leave by October 7, 5:00 p.m. ??

John McCafferty
Bob

Post by Bob »

John: A better question is why would she resign? Was the health center a difficult place to work and she had no support from the powers to be?
Bob
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Someone must know what was so bad for Dr. White to make her resign. No one has posted that. Only what the board actions were to get her out after several extensions. I would like to know what happened before she resigned that made her chose to go. Some people just choose to move on and go somewhere new and do something new. Beaver Island is not paradise to everyone.

John McCafferty
Darby Campbell

Post by Darby Campbell »

From what I was told this summer, there are only about 200-250 people residing on the island in the winter when there used to be somewhere in the number of 500. I realize that Mr. Taylor's numbers are not necessarily the same 200 patients but whatever the number, that is a pretty high percentage of island residents who went to Dr. White and are now without a dentist.

Mr. McCafferty,
I don't mean to call you out but if you have seriously read the posts on this subject and don't know why Dr. White may have resigned or what the board did to make her and her practice miserable then you must have either poor vision or memory or both. I'm old and can't see where I've dribbled food on my shirt or remember where I left my glasses but I sure as hell have seen and remember the points made to date on this post. There is no doubt from what I've read, the health center did not want Dr. White in their practice and did everything to cause the outcome that your island now faces.

DC
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Mr. Campbell, you are becoming an excellent poster on the forum. No straight answer to any questions. All the information you have read is from people who obviously hate the Health Center board or most of them. There are 2 sides to every story and only 1 side has been broadcasted. Why do you think the Island has went from 500 to 250 and declining. Is is the politics like this that drive people away. Since you are the new informant on this subject please tell me what did the BIRHC do to Dr. White to make her want to leave???? Also my vision is great because I have seen both sides of the story. Your memory is geat because you remember the facts and all the name calling of the board ect. from those who don't like the board and were obviously friends to Dr. White. Did you ever hear any facts from a board member as to the truth?? Also tell what you read that convinced you the board wanted Dr. White gone and state the board member and maybe refresh my bad memory?? Also I do believe they make bibs for adults so you can keep your food off your shirt.

John McCafferty
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

I am not saying they speak to me. I am saying everything on all these threads are one sided. I think the board is professional enough not to defend themselves on this forum. So even Mr Campbell believes everything he reads and is probably against people he doesn't even know.

John McCafferty
Darby Campbell

Post by Darby Campbell »

Mr. McCafferty,
You are right in that I don't know the people. I've never used the health center but glad it is there. I'm sure the board and staff are good people and I have nothing against them. Sometimes even good people can do bad things to others. I have to go by the fact that when 161 people reply to one subject on the forum with 37,000 views, where there's smoke there's fire.

DC
Last edited by Darby Campbell on Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Well Mr. Campbell getting both sides of the story before making judgment in my opinion is the right thing to do.

John McCafferty