Not an easy scale to balance

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

stardust

Not an easy scale to balance

Post by stardust »

As winter slowly close's in and the island gets a little smaller. Does jumping up and down over spilled milk get us as a community divided YES.
Of course not living on the island full time I know what I have to say is taken with a grain of salt. In our day to day lives we run into things that we have to compromise to even though we do not want to, Its part of life.
I was told at an early age Nothing in life is fair was Dr white treated unfairly in some eyes YES and others NO Lets put some positive energy into the community and move forward to a United Island on all fronts
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

From what I was told Dr. White asked to get out of her contract. It seems like from all the postings that she was forced out. Some people I think have heard both sides of the story and I believe that some have heard only one and many fabricated and misleading down right lies were told. As a lifetime resident is is sickening to think people cannot be civil to work out differences in such a small community. You are lucky in a lot of ways you don't live here full time. I have lived here my whole life and things like this do not make me happy to be an island resident. That whole BIRHC thread was crap. Maybe another lawsuit in the future of Beaver Island politics. I do not understand the anger and the hatred.

John McCafferty
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

If you look back at all my posts I was making fun of all the idiotic statements that were made, and there were many.

John McCafferty
K.A. Pike

Post by K.A. Pike »

John McCafferty has made some interesting comments:

"As a lifetime resident is is sickening to think people cannot be civil to work out differences"

"If you look back at all my posts I was making fun of all the idiotic statements"

So John, walk us through your logic. You want people to be "civil" and "work out differences", but you admit that you enjoy "making fun of" other people concerns and statements.

Then you comment: "I do not understand the anger and the hatred".

Well John, here's how this works...when someone makes a comment (statement) or concern that you don't agree with, it's "civil" to have a conversation (reply to the thread) to "work out differences" instead of "making fun of" others. That way you (John McCafferty) don't fuel the "anger and the hatred".

K.A. Pike
Darby Campbell

Post by Darby Campbell »

Dear Bump,
Back off on this one. Mr. Pike makes an excellent point and let's see what John has to say for himself.

DC
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

In fact, a board member went to a township supervisor and told them who NOT to appoint as their representative from the township.[quote]

Ken if you are going to make a statement such as this please fill in the names so we are all clear who you are talking about. What board member, what supervisor and whom not to appoint to the BIRHC. I don't feel it is fair to talk about people and make statements such as this unless you are willing to point out exactly whom you are talking about.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
Kim Connaghan Jones

Post by Kim Connaghan Jones »

Mr Taylor, if you are going to continue to post, you really should post the facts from BOTH sides. You are truly doing a disservice to the people of this island when you post half of the story and it's untruths. If you want to help this island, get all of the facts instead of causing undue anger and hate.
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

I would like someone who knows to answer the question. Did Dr. White ask to get out of her contact with the BIRHC or was she forced out by the BIRHC board? I do not know the true answer. Mr. Taylor is seems that you have a very good relationship with Dr. White so maybe you should be the one to respond? And also I agree with Andy, start naming the people you are having the big issues with because by not you are just pissing a lot more people off..

John McCafferty
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

Ken I have nothing against Connie, do not put words in my mouth. I don't know how you know what everyone knows around here without being here but I personally had never heard that until today. So please again do not assume but if you are going to say something about somebody at least put their names so they have a right to defend themselves.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
Darby Campbell

Post by Darby Campbell »

Mr. McCafferty,
Did I miss a response to Mr. Pike's post in your reply or are you just diverting the subject?
By the way, you also dodged my response as to when and where you would like to get together with me next July. A meeting that I believe you requested to discuss the ghost of Mary Duffy.
Wish I had been on the forum sooner over the years. This is getting interesting.

DC
stardust

To the Point

Post by stardust »

My wife 6 month old daughter and I are moving to the island full time my friend and family ask me this question alot my answer is " I do not want my children to grow in fear of what if watch our news and it will make your skin crawl, I own a Company here in California which manufactures Trampolines (trampolinejumpers.com) we have more employees than the total population of beaver island and have less problems. My point is stop sweating the small stuff life is way too short.
Darby Campbell

Post by Darby Campbell »

I must be reading these posts differently than stardust. I don't think anyone is sweating the small stuff which I agree with stardust in that life is too short for those issues. What I read seems to be pretty big stuff that needs to be called to peoples' attention and correction, but again I don't live there.

DC