Help with first trip to Island

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

R3P0

Help with first trip to Island

Post by R3P0 »

Hello good people of Beaver Island:
I will be making my first trip to Beaver Island for a sea kayaking adventure with 3 other of my friends. We are in need of help for one particular item that we do not know anything about. We need a place to park my truck and trailer on Beaver Island as we tour for the week on the surrounding islands. ( High, garden, whiskey, hog) then back to the main Island. We will be arriving on sunday may 20th, and will try and stay in one of the campgrounds the first night. However we will need a place to park the truck as we paddle out for the week. We will depart the island on the ferry on may 26th. Can anyone suggest of a place either free or paid that I can safely leave my vehicle?

We look forward to hearing from you and experiencing the Beaver island archipeligo. This is our 20 year anniversary trip!

James Robinson
"R3P0"
Always InTeNsE!
megsing3

cool

Post by megsing3 »

Sounds like fun, have a great time!
Town Crier

Post by Town Crier »

Hear ye! Hear ye!

Call the Beaver Island Boat Company on the Island at 231-448-2210.

They have a parking lot about 1 1/2 blocks from the Boat Dock. You may be able to park there for a nominal fee.
R3P0

Post by R3P0 »

Yes Yes Mr Crier you speak the truth.
Beaver Island Boat company will host my truck and trailer for a nominal fee $7.50 for the week.

Thanks for the info, we look forward to spending time in this area.

So may I inquire to where is the best bar in town?

R3P0

Town Crier wrote:Hear ye! Hear ye!

Call the Beaver Island Boat Company on the Island at 231-448-2210.

They have a parking lot about 1 1/2 blocks from the Boat Dock. You may be able to park there for a nominal fee.
Always InTeNsE!
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Whichever one you walk into!!! :D
Trish Scott

Post by Trish Scott »

You really should check out all of the bars. Bar hopping on the Emerald Isle is a lot of fun. The Shamrock is right in town and is an icon. Donegal Danny's at the Stoney Acre Grill is the newest and very special. They also have what I believe is the best food on the Island. The Lodge has great food too and an unbelievable view, sitting on a bluff looking over Garden Island.

Enjoy your time on the Island and kayaking about. You will probably love it.
Town Crier

Post by Town Crier »

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

Don't forget the Beachcomber Bar. It's one of the favorites with the "Islanders".
R3P0

Thanks!

Post by R3P0 »

First off, since I omitted this as rules state my government given name is JAMES ROBINSON. My nick name is repoman.

Thanks to all who took the time to read my post and provide us with help with parking, and some pointers on checking out a Bar. We will only be on Beaver Island sunday night and we shall walk about and check a bar or two out. Otherwise I paddle a 16' yellow bar called wilderness systems sealution.

I really like this site and the enourmous amounts of information, maps, history and pictures. After 20 years of paddling all over the great lakes we as a group feel that we are the most well informed about our destination because of this wealth of information found here. Once we get through with our trip I'll post or send out our pictures of our adventure in your "emerald playground" for others to enjoy.

sincerely,
James Robinson
"R3P0"
Always InTeNsE!
Chamber of Commerce

Island Info

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

Another good source of information for visitors is:

www.beaverisland.org
R3P0

Re: Island Info

Post by R3P0 »

Chamber of Commerce wrote:Another good source of information for visitors is:

www.beaverisland.org
Thanks I was just about to send our itnerary and float plan out to our loved ones regarding our trip. I was looking for the sheriff number etc. to give to them. You have helped fill the bill.

See you folk on sunday afternoon. We'll be a group of Four seakayaks Stop by and say hello.

James Robinson
R3P0
Always InTeNsE!