One more reason life can be difficult on Beaver Island

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

OK you guys, we've heard enough! John, either you are not paying attention to the crap everyone NOT on a local board puts up with or you don't care. None of this is funny and none of it needs a sarcastic response at every turn. That is what makes this forum look bad. Incidentally, people who knock this forum seem to use it a lot, just like yourself advertising sales, etc. for no cost. Consider that! Mr. Taylor has every right to brag about his contributions to the community, as stated before it far exceeds the contributions of most I know of. He is a man of strong virtue and that is to be commended. Your comments seem to run to the defense of your brother in law and sister perhaps but I am not nit picking. Mr. Taylor paid 99% of the legal expense in my lawsuit against the township because he knew right from wrong and wanted it right. The best benefit is that we did make a sweeping change of the board in the end which indeed was the best benefit to this community in some time. We need to turn a corner here, let's do it!
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Mr Gillespie, as the admin, you deleted my ad, I put on the forum, and you never responded to my pm. So it is free to be on here, but watch out, if the powers that be don't like what you are doing....it will be deleted.

Kudos to Mr Taylor for footing the bills for a losing lawsuit...will he be paying the restitution as well? And hopefully he is helping out with the bill stacking up from the ongoing criminal investigation....

I am sure you will all correct me if I am wrong, but you and Mr Taylor can have your opinions, why can't everyone else?

Tracey
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

"Mr Gillespie, as the admin, you deleted my ad, I put on the forum, and you never responded to my pm. So it is free to be on here, but watch out, if the powers that be don't like what you are doing....it will be deleted." (You have, more than once, posted where it is suggested not, that is why it was deleted, everyone is advised to use the marketplace for sales. By the way, I started this forum, you probably should keep that in mind as well, it is not public but open to same. The chamber has one you can use if you like.)

"Kudos to Mr Taylor for footing the bills for a losing lawsuit...will he be paying the restitution as well? And hopefully he is helping out with the bill stacking up from the ongoing criminal investigation...." (it was anything but a loss, the board changed and certain people paid for their sins, I guess you can't see it that way but that's you "opinion." There is no ongoing investigation, that was all inferred by someones unethical counsel.)

"I am sure you will all correct me if I am wrong, but you and Mr Taylor can have your opinions, why can't everyone else?" (The only correction you need is to understand you tread in unfamiliar waters and are being used but that is common for someone new to the island.)
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Hey Richie. If you started the forum why don't you shut it down. Seems like the Island might be a better place without it at this point. All this latest bullshit is a big turn off for Beaver Island in my opinion. As you stated time to stop. Oh and by the way do you think Mr. Taylor might fund my no relatives on the Beaver Boards campaign??

John McCafferty.
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Whoa, whoa gentlemen!! Thought we were turning a corner :) lawsuits, criminal investigations, so much intrigue for such a small island! I am sure the truth is out there somewhere...not here, but somewhere. Get outside and enjoy this weather!!!

Tracey
stardust

Life is

Post by stardust »

And now someone wants to Consolidate the town townships HAHAHAHA so the Peaine township would get to enjoy(share) the huge debt the port of the st james has.
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Stardust -
I will give you a 100% guarantee that if there is a merger of townships, which I support, Peaine Township will not absorb one penny of Port of St. James debt if any. Township merger is important but not a subject of this thread.
Last edited by sbsp on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kirk
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

I think the biggest challenge would be coming up with a new name for the new township. What do you think Stardust?

John McCafferty
Kendra Vera Thorson

Post by Kendra Vera Thorson »

I have to chuckle a little...Now Richie and Ken are taking credit for the change in Township board members. I do believe if my memory serves me right that you, Mr. Gillespie, ran for the Treasurer position this past election. The results of that election were not in your favor. Majority wins and the majority of St. James Township found you unfit for that position. One particular board member (my father) that CHOSE not to run again was continuously voted into the Treasures position for 40 plus years. What does that say? I'd say he put in his fair share of time. So don't you dare take credit for him no longer being on the board! And you, Ken should be awfully proud of yourself that your monetary contributions to Richie enabled him to cost the township an enormous amount of money for a bogus lawsuit that obviously lacked any merritt from a legal standpoint. Because YES Richie you did lose that lawsuit. I was sitting in the very same court room as you and heard with my own two ears the judges ruling. So BRAVO KEN!!!!Anyways getting back to the topic here...Sorry, I got a little side tracked...I have a couple things that I am confused about. First is this thread about the old township board or Ms. White and her dental equipment?? I notice you cant help but mention the Township board continuously, or are you just using the Forum to berate and belittle my father? He has never been on the forum before, probably because he is too busy out making an HONEST living and donating any extra time he has to our island community. Unfortunately he does not have any rich friends to pay his bills. So with that being said I will apologize on his behalf for not doing his part in making the island a better place. I wish he could be as generous with his time and money as you are Ken. I'll be sure to tell him to get his shit together and stop being such a bump on a log. The other thing I'm confused on is why you are so fixated on the issue that Wendy was treated so unfairly? Correct me if I'm wrong (I know you will), but from my understanding I do believe Ms. White Paid $100 per month to rent an entire building space to run her PRIVATE practice. Just to put this into perspective I am a hairdresser and I paid $600 per month to rent a chair. From my personal experience when I've gotten a dental cleaning, cavity filled, etc. It costs substantially more than a haircut. So from an outsider looking in I think the Health Center was giving her a very generous deal. As for the $1 offer on her equipment does Ms. White not have the option of finding another buyer or the option of taking her equipment with her? What seems to be the big issue here? Or are you again blowing things out of proportion for your own amusement? In closing Ken, might I just say on behalf of myself and probably a good majority of forum viewers, I am so sick and tired of you being so incredibly relentless in trying to belittle the hardworking , dedicated, loyal individuals who devote their time and energy to the betterment of this place I will always call home! I will not sit back a keep quiet and let a narcissist such as yourself make these kind and caring people look like monsters! And if I were you I wouldn't burn all my bridges with the Health Center. You may need them to provide a sling for your sore arm with all that back patting you've been doing on yourself lately!!! Good night Mr. Taylor
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Kendra...Kendra...Kendra!!!!! Kendra for supervisor of the newly united townships!!! BIRHC has said 6+ dentists have all ready showed interest!!! Clean teeth are in our future, crisis averted!!!

Ooopppsss!!! Forgot to say.. this is Tracey :). Good morning Beaver Island!!
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Great post Kendra!!! Thank you for taking the time to getting your story out there and showing all viewers as Ken had quoted " The rest of the story". Thanks again!!! GREAT JOB!!!

John McCafferty
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

The suit was disallowed continuance owing to technical difficulties. Did Kendra also hear the judge comment on the strange aspect of a township official who was showing road officials what should be done who was also going to be a bidder? This crap went on for many years. Enough of watching family defend family here, the body public knows what happened. I am climbing out of this sand box.
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

I am now wondering, what did it cost the township to defend itself in that lawsuit?

John McCafferty
Kendra Vera Thorson

Post by Kendra Vera Thorson »

Technical difficulties?? Are you referring to how the affidavits were acquired??
"Family" isn't defined only by last names or by blood; its defined by commitment and by Love. It means showing up when they need it most. It means having each others backs. It means choosing to love each other even on those days when you struggle to like each other. It means never giving up on each other. These are the principles Beaver Island was founded on. It was a blessing to grow up in such a beautiful place surrounded by family, and friends who became family. I will never stop defending those I love!
Bitterness can suck the life right out of you! Let it go...
Mary Duffy

Post by Mary Duffy »

It's time to stop all of this nonsense. Dr. White may not have been a favorite to everyone but she did provide a service that some could not afford to go across to receive. In all fairness to her, she provided many services pro bono.

Tracey, most of your comments are posted during the day. Aren't you currently employed by the Medical Center and doing this on their dime, or is posting to the forum part of your job description? And such childish remarks at that.

You all need to stop and move on.

P.S. To Stardust: St. James Township and Port of St. James are two entirely separate entities.