Pig Roast

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BIDL

Pig Roast

Post by BIDL »

It's an all island PIG Roast on September 25 at 6PM at CMUBS as part of the first-ever Great Islands Summit! And YOU are invited.

| Meet fellow islanders from other Great Lakes Islands | Enjoy great food and company | Learn about other island communities | Bring a side dish or desert to pass if you can | Pop, lemonade & ice tea or bring your own beer & wine |

The Islands Summit is a first ever meeting of the island communities of the Great Lakes. Representatives from a dozen islands will be here to discuss common issues and look at banding together to advance us all. Donâ??t miss this chance to meet fellow islanders from across the Great Lakes.

Questions? Contact Patrick at the Library at (231) 448-2701 or island.library@gmail.com. For more information on the summit, visit http://islandscoalition.org or http://beaverislandassociation.org.
Beaver Island District Library
26400 Donegal Bay Road
PO Box 246
Beaver Island, MI 49782
(231) 448-2701
BIDL

Bump

Post by BIDL »

Bump
Beaver Island District Library
26400 Donegal Bay Road
PO Box 246
Beaver Island, MI 49782
(231) 448-2701
pam moxham

Post by pam moxham »

Hi there.In my pathetic non techie way I was trying to register for the.summit ,from OZ. I.was hoping for.the " travelled.the longest.distance " badge, as well as opportunity to attend summit.
Alas registration is closed (full).
...dang about the badge , and of.course.double dang .about the registration.

The pig roast meet and greet.( aka listen and learn ) is open to all tho,correct?
Pam Grassmick

Post by Pam Grassmick »

Hi Pam,

The pig roast and festivities are open to all on Monday evening. Rumors are that music will be provided from 7-8 p.m. Come and meet other Great Lake islanders.

See you there!
jacquel

Post by jacquel »

Bump
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

What a nice evening last night with the opportunity to meet and socially interact with inhabitants, supporters and lovers of other islands. Congratulations to all those who worked hard to put the Islands Summit and Pig Roast together. From all I heard it was a great event and great start for synergy in numbers to discover new ideas and opportunities to promote Beaver Island as well as other islands.
Kirk