Island Summer Jobs

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

cldcld

Island Summer Jobs

Post by cldcld »

Hi, I am wondering about the Island in the summer and if there are any summer job openings. I am Graduating this spring on May 20th and I am looking for summer jobs around here and I would think it would be a wonderful experience and a way to make some money for when I go off to college this fall. If there is any information or anyone i should contact regarding a summer job on the Island, please let me know. I am not new to the Island, seeing as i have gone the last 4 years and am already planing a trip back up there this summer. Thanks
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Tell us what you can do, can you drive nails or tractors or bartend??? Surely someone will have a job for you!! Good luck!!
cldcld

Post by cldcld »

Yeah, well i turn 18, in july so i dont think i would be a legal bartender, but I live on a farm down here, and have worked on it my whole life. So i know all the little fundamentals like driving a tractor,using tools, and even hard labor. What im really trying to find out is where can i find places that need summer help so i can apply there. I checked the classifieds on here but came up short with job openings. Is there anyother place i could look at??

Thanks
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

We are looking for summer help to work at our hardware and lumber business on the island, you can contact me at jpowers@biip.net or 231-881-0226 via cell phone, thanks!