Forum Rules | FAQ | Memberlist | Private Messages

Main Discussion Forum | Marketplace / Trade Forum 
Katherine Ricksgers obituary

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beaver Island Forum Index -> Main Beaver Island Open Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cindyr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:14 pm 
Post subject: Katherine Ricksgers obituary

Katherine Elizabeth Ricksgers of Beaver Island, Michigan passed away quietly on August 7, 2017, in her home, surrounded by family and friends.
Katherine was born on October 19, 1928, one of six children born to George and Otilia (Schmidt) Ricksgers. She was born and raised in the same farm house on the King’s Highway where she spent her retirement years. She attended the Sunnyside School through eighth grade, and went to the high school in St. James. She often read from the light of the moon shining into her bedroom window.
After graduation and a short stint of working as a waitress at a restaurant in town, Katherine moved to Pontiac. She worked at the soda counter of a drug store until getting a job in the mail room at Pontiac Motors, where she was employed for thirty years.
Katherine enjoyed sports and games; she was active in bowling leagues in the winter, and golf leagues in the summer. She played poker and many other card games.
Katherine liked to travel. She visited many scenic areas of the United States by car, from the New Jersey shore to the Gulf of Mexico. She visited Beaver Island every year. After retirement, Katherine took an extensive tour through Alaska, and visited several European countries.
Katherine was preceded in death by her parents, George and Otilia, her step-mother Florence, and brothers: Henry, Alfred, Robert and Kenneth. She is survived by her sister, Margaret, and many nieces and nephews.
Visitation will be held at 7:00 P.M., on Sunday, August 13, at the Holy Cross Church on Beaver Island. Funeral services will be 11 A.M. Monday, August 14, followed by interment at Holy Cross cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations in her name to Beaver Island Hospice, the Beaver Island Historical Society, or Holy Cross Altar Society would be greatly appreciated.
duffer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:36 am 
Post subject: life

I cried when i heard this. i used to fix her cars she would come bring baxter and we would talk for hours on many subjects, i will miss her and give you and bob a big hug. she was very inspirational to me and loved just stopping when she was gardening and talk. i missed baxter to when he passed. a truly great lady!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beaver Island Forum Index -> Main Beaver Island Open Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: