Deerwood Requests Your Assistance!

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

DeerwoodLodge

Deerwood Requests Your Assistance!

Post by DeerwoodLodge »

Hi, Vince and Meg Ebersoldt, owners of Deerwood, here.....

We need your help!

As the owners of Deerwood, we understand the property is often the subject of curiosity and enjoy watching people peek in the windows. Whereas we enjoy that Deerwood is a part of the island and are very excited to share it with whomever wants to join us, Meg and I would like to encourage those who come by to respect it as you would your own home and encourage your guests and renters to do the same. Today, things went a little too far.....

Our security cameras picked up what appeared to be a group of 4 curious youth looking around. Things were absolutely fine until one of the males in the group attempted to break into Deerwood by yanking, pulling and pushing on the patio door until such time as substantial damage was done. We believe there is a distinct possibility he has entered the house through this door before as he seemed to understand a potential vulnerability in the door's hardware.

The damage, coupled with the aggressive nature in which it was done, resulted in reporting it to island law enforcement. We have shared screen captures of the 4 individuals involved, along with video of the attempt to break and enter which led to damage to the doors, and we are thankful several folks on the island are invested in keeping an eye out for the teens. It is our hope they will acknowledge attempting to enter Deerwood while locked is not acceptable without asking permission, so that we may rest easy that no more unauthorized attempts to enter are made.

We love the island dearly, having made it our vacation destination for almost 20 years now, and are extremely excited to call Deerwood our home. We thank everyone for their hospitality and assistance. We know this is an isolated incident and very likely kids just being kids, but once it crosses into damaging property, we feel its important to say something.

Thank you so much!
Vince and Meg Ebersoldt
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

That is a shame! Hopefully these kids will be caught and enough of an example will be made to keep your home safe! Rest assured that if we hear anything we will pass the information along, best wishes!
DeerwoodLodge

Post by DeerwoodLodge »

Thanks!

It is our hope this individual will come forward and make good on the damage done.

Unfortunately, once we submit the screen shots, video footage and file a complaint with the deputy, its in the court's hands. We would prefer to avoid that. It is hopefully merely a young man making a mistake. We are eager to understand it is not going to be repeated.

Insofar as Ron Wojan and a few others have the video and screenshots and are circulating them diplomatically, we are attempting to be respectful of not having to escalate things and are not keen on having him arrested.

We just hope this young man steps up and is accountable for his choices.
Bump

Post by Bump »

:(
Ron Wojan

Post by Ron Wojan »

Who is his â??bumpâ?￾. Person? You just caused me and my family a lot of concern today when someone who didnâ??t understand your antics, called and asked Patti if I new there was a break-in today at Deerwood. She was in a bit of a panic to find me. We figured out it was a post on th forum. Youâ??re a knot head and I intend to find out who you are. There are consequences for this type of behavior. The only reason for re-posting was to try and intimidate or cast doubt on the legitimacy of the Ebersoldtâ??s recent post about the forum. That issue with kids trying to get into Deerwood was resolved very graciously by Vince and Meg Ebersoldt last summer and should not have been brought back up at this time. Your a troll and exactly whatâ??s working with this forum. I hope your happy. But we will not get down in the mud where you live and give you anything to feed on. So enjoy your little antics without explanation. Hope you never need anything from me, my family or friends. So , as Iâ??m concerned, youâ??re not welcome here anymore.
Ronald L. Wojan
Ron Wojan

Post by Ron Wojan »

Mr. Troll, Youâ??re exactly what is wrong with this forum. Not what is working for this forum. My mistake or auto correct.
Ronald L. Wojan
megsing3

Post by megsing3 »

â??PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:04 pm
Post subject: Irritated Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
To Whoever has created the â??bumpâ?￾ account, you are not funny. â?￾

This was a post I wrote the day after this agitator appeared.
Bump account is a disrespectful troll.