Joined: 09 Oct 2009
Location: Beaver Island Summer
|Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:55 pm
Post subject: Yoga Theraupetic based class every MONDAY~ come join us
|Join us every Monday at 11:00 a.m. this summer for a Yoga Therapeutic based class offered at the Community Center.
Monday 11:00 a.m. 1 hour class
Monday Therapeutic Yoga will continue through August.
Donation of $10.00 to the Community Center will ensure we can continue our second year of this program. No person will be refused the class if the amount isn't in your budget.
This specialty class normally would cost $20.00 + in a group session.
* Participants should consult their medical provider for approval to participate. With any new physical activity added to your routine it is advisable to speak with your medical provider.
* Be able to stand up for short periods of time (a chair will be available for support).
* Modification of all poses will be used. Moving to the mat for some poses is optional.
* All yoga poses can be done in a chair or using the wall for support.
* Although Yoga has a strong philosophy/spiritual component, we will ONLY be focusing on the physical poses.
* Yoga Mats and props are supplied.
* Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of class.
Therapeutic Yoga – This class is designed for the aging individual who may be on medications, recovering from an injury or have limited mobility, post surgical and wanting to gain strength and flexibility, and those that are ready to start incorporating an exercise program that moves at your own pace. All poses are modified for therapeutic classes.
** Class size is limited and only offered to those that require chair/wall support, health conditions, knee / hip replacement, post surgical, and the aging adult wanting to incorporate mild physical activity into their life.
If you are unsure what yoga program to attend please call Lisa.
Learn to protect and strengthen the joints of the body to experience renewed movement with ease and joy. Suggestions will be made and poses implemented with the support of props and chairs to accommodate dysfunctional joints due to injury, aging issues, etc. Explore holding poses as we gradually apply load to the joints to increase strength and balance. Care will be taken to balance both strength and relaxation to develop a functional and happy body. Class also focuses on the ability to recruit the core muscles for balance poses. Class will focus on the alignment of the joints, posture and most importantly, the spine.
Therapeutic Yoga will focus on the breath and work towards healing the body from the inside out.
My experience: 500 + hour level yoga instructor. Trained at Yoga Alliance approved facilities.
Intensive Therapeutic Yoga training through Duke Integrative Medicine, a division of Duke University.
Summer 2017 will be our 8th year with the summer yoga program, and our second summer offering a Therapeutic Yoga session.
Questions please call Lisa at 231-448-3091.