Joyce M Bartels RIP

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Phyllis Moore

Joyce M Bartels RIP

Post by Phyllis Moore »

Karl Bartels requested that I post this: Joyce M. Bartels passed away June 29, 2016. No arrangements have been made at this time. I will post more information as it becomes available. Keeping Elizabeth, Karl (Sandy), and Amy (Dick) Burris in our thoughts and prayers.
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

So sad, she was a trooper and a very great help in preserving the history of Beaver Island, God speed Joyce, you will be remembered around this place for a long long time, thanks for your devotion to the Island(s)! Condolences to all your family members!
Shirley Cole

Post by Shirley Cole »

She was a sweet lady and a great neighbor to the Cole family. Always had a smile and time to talk. Deepest sympathies to her family...
Shirley Cole

Post by Shirley Cole »

She was a sweet lady and a great neighbor to the Cole family. Always had a smile and time to talk. Deepest sympathies to her family...
Bob Sramek

Post by Bob Sramek »

Amy, I'm thinking of you and your family at this difficult time. My deepest empathy and support. Let me know if I can help in any way.
We have a call into Dick to come over for dinner tomorrow. We will make sure he is well fed.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

So sorry to hear this. Thoughts are with Karl and Amy and family today. A real trooper indeed; an Island friend for a long, long time, and the Best when it came to organizing and finding the Island's history. Only a tiny example of all that she did, I always really enjoyed the work she put into assembling 100 Years Ago every month and the chance to spend a little time reading the daily events of when Island life was very different, a peak at shipping and logging and fruit tree planting, visitors with familiar names, and many adventures. Joyce was one of a kind and will always be remembered for her long dedication to history and the Island and so much more.
Lois Sowa Stipp

Post by Lois Sowa Stipp »

She was a dear, sweet soul. She will be greatly missed.
Lois Sowa Stipp
Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

So sorry to hear. She was a wealth of information and was always willing to share her knowledge. Condolences to the family.
Sharolyn Hunter
Patrick S. McGinnity

Post by Patrick S. McGinnity »

Sorry to hear it. Condolences to all the family.
Rahn

Won't be able to fill her shoes!

Post by Rahn »

We know first hand how much Joyce contributed to BIHS! What a great lady. She is already missed. Blessings and Peace to the family.
BI Historical Society

Post by BI Historical Society »

It is with sorrow that the Historical Society again mourns the loss of a great contributor - Joyce Bartels. As one person said, â??She was a walking archiveâ?￾. She was that and so much more; always taking time to share and listen to visitors to the museum, to organize and schedule the 30+ docents who work in the museums each summer and to be ever present at the Print Shop Museum during July and August. She will be greatly missed by the board, the staff, the volunteers and the visitors.
Lori Taylor-Blitz, Executive Director
Beaver Island Historical Society
PO Box 263
Beaver Island MI 49782
director@beaverislandhistory.org
PhilBecker

Post by PhilBecker »

A truly wonderful woman, always so kind and such an asset to this community. My sincerest condolences Amy, Karl and all who loved Joyce.
Dick and Amy

Thank you

Post by Dick and Amy »

Thank you every one for your kind words. Elizabeth,Karl and Amy Bartels/Burris
lynnebogo

Joyce Bartels

Post by lynnebogo »

What a privilege to know such a wonderful person! Bright in outlook, clear thinking, intelligent, a dilligent researcher, who gave innumerable hours at the Print Shop and in preparing her 100 years ago column at a library in Lansing. A friend.
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Joyce was a kind and intelligent person,always with a smile and something good to say. My sincerest condolences to Amy and Karl.