Charlie O'Hara, RIP

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

RBC

Charlie O'Hara, RIP

Post by RBC »

Word has been recieved from Aidan Gallagher that Charlie O'Hara, Arranmore's great historian, passed away suddenly yesterday of a brain hemmorhage.

All who knew him from via his visits to the Island or theirs to Arranmore, will surely miss his wit, intelligence, and great love for the history of our ancestors.

Rest in Peace, Charlie.

Robert Cole
Kim Connaghan

Post by Kim Connaghan »

Rest in peace,Charlie.
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Jerry and I had the pleasure of meeting Charlie when we went to Arranmore this spring. He was a great man and we can't imagine Arranmore without him.

We were very sad to hear the news of his passing. We had been looking forward to seeing him again on our next visit to Arranmore.

I had the pleasure of having several conversations with him, he takes so much Arranmore-Beaver Island history with him (Don't cha know!).

Jerry and Marie LaFreniere
Linda

Charlie O'Hara

Post by Linda »

So sad to hear of Charlie's passing. He loved to share the history of Beaver and Arranmore with everyone who would hear it. I'm happy I had the chance to meet him; he was a "solid man".

Linda Wearn