Follow the Naomh Barbara on her historic trip to Ireland!

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Gillespie

Follow the Naomh Barbara on her historic trip to Ireland!

Post by Gillespie »

Many of you may remember the black "Galway Hooker" that was tied to Gillespie's dock a couple of Septembers ago..........they are finally on their way to Ireland after having to return to Chicago for a refit. Thought you might find it interesting, there is a real time locator for the ship so you can follow their progress, the website is: http://www.sailingtoireland.com/ A very ambitious undertaking, here's hoping they do well.
Sean

Post by Sean »

Thats some voyage...Thanks for the link..
Sean McDonough

Sean

Post by Sean »

Anyone here any news on the voyage? Last update on the website was over a month ago in the North Atlantic?
Sean McDonough

Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Sean, I have had many people ask and no one seems to know what the situation is, I hope everything is ok, thanks for asking.............. if anyone from the St. Barbara sees this, let us know, we do care!!
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

The St. Barbara arrived safely in Lettermore, County Galway.

You can see a video clip at www.aranislandsdirect.biz/naomh.htm
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

NATURALLY, my secretary knows more about whats happening than I!!!!
Sean

Post by Sean »

Thanks for the link. Glad they made it. They left alot of people hanging. Kinda odd they started posting the info on another site without leaving word on their own website. Just looked and no update on the site.

Well anyways...On a better note...Plan is to spend a week on the island in 2007 for the 4th of July...Image ImageHey Rich..Have any good rentals with a nice sandy beach? Close to town would be nice but not nessasary.
Sean McDonough