When is the best weather to visit beaver island..

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

mom2my3kids

When is the best weather to visit beaver island..

Post by mom2my3kids »

Hello, I am from Indiana and have been wanting to visit the island in the summer with the family for many years now. I just have to get my husband to agree. I thoght about summer 2007 taking split vacation between beaver island, mackinac island and chicago. When is the best month to visit. And is it usually crowded around the 4th of July?
T. Scott

Post by T. Scott »

Compared to Mackinac Island, Beaver is never crowded. The Fourth of July is a fun time on the Island with the parade and fireworks. It can be hot and sometimes a bit cool on the 4th.
If you like to jump in the lake, it can be warm on the 4th, but usually the best swimming weather is later in July and into August.

Trish Scott
mom2my3kids

Post by mom2my3kids »

Thank you. I will have to take that into consideration.. I want to make sure its nice and hot so we can get into the lake. I have never been in the lake before.
T. Scott

Post by T. Scott »

I forgot to mention Museum Week. It has a lot of great activities. You can check the Chamber web site for more details. It is in mid July. Great for kids of all ages! (I'm still a kid- at heart.) There's also the BI Music Festival - Friday and Saturday July 21 and 22. In August, the second weekend is Homecoming and has special events too.

I hope you make it to the Island and enjoy it.
Chamber of Commerce

Beaver Island Visit

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

To learn more about a visit to Beaver Island please see: www.beaverisland.org . We keep our horses in the field where they belong and there is no such thing as Beaver Island fudge. :mrgreen:
mom2my3kids

Post by mom2my3kids »

LOL :lol:

sbpd861

Post by sbpd861 »

My wife are coming over for our 2nd visit. Can't wait!!

We are bringing are teenage daughters also on July 6th & 7th. Thay have been wanting to visit after seeing our pictures from last October's visit.

Looking forward to driving around all the roads, hitting the various lakes & views.

But, mostly we hope to start seriously looking at some real estate for the later years....

Glad to read that BI doesn't get as crowded as other travel spots.