Recipe Question

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Anna

Cinnamon Ornaments-- Non Eatable

Post by Anna »

I make these ornaments every year for the our tree. They're better then most air-freshners.

Cinnamon Ornaments

1-c Applesauce
1-c cinnamon
1-oz ground cloves
1-oz ground nutmeg
1-oz ground ginger

Cut into your favorite shapes with cookie cutters. Then after you place them on foil or any flat surface to air dry use a drinking straw to make the hole. Turn these cut-outs every 12 hrs until throughly dry. Hang with ribbon,yarn etc and enjoy. I've also painted them and given them for Christmas gifts.

Anna
unkle bik

Post by unkle bik »

Speaking of Beaver Is. recipes, my wife & I would give anything for those wonderful sandwiches we has at the Shamrock this summer.

It was the one with chicken, red peppers, onions, and cilantro wrapped in a tortilla.
BERNIE MILLER

recipies

Post by BERNIE MILLER »

Hi Kathleen: what a nice thing to hear about mom's candied apples. I have the recipie and will try and dig it out in the next day or two...bernie
Joyce

Recipes

Post by Joyce »

The Historical Society has a Beaver Island Cook Book for sale for $6 at the museum. Contact the Director @ beaverisland.net/history

The Fire Department Auxilliary also produced a Cook Book a few years ago. Any of their members should be able to tell you if it is still available.
BIHS volunteer
Anna

Post by Anna »

Hi Joyce thanks for the info. Is there a number for the Fire Dept and the Auxillary where I may call to get some info on the cookbooks ?

Anna
Joyce

Recipes

Post by Joyce »

Anna, Hopefully someone from the Fire Department Auxillary will contact you. I would not want to post anyone's phone number without permission.
BIHS volunteer
cherie

Post by cherie »

Joyce I don't blame you.

I don't like/make a habit of giving out personal info out on the interent either.

You never know what kind of crackpots are lerking out in internet country.

Anna
Confused

Post by Confused »

Anna????? Cherie??????????????? We've been duped!

SHE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:?