Mark Your Calendars

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Marie LaFreniere

Mark Your Calendars

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Jerry will be celebrating his 65th birthday on Saturday, September 17th and everyone is invited to our garage.

The festivities will begin at 7:00 P.M.

There will be live music, beer and mix (B.Y.O.B.), and feel free to bring an appetizer!
No gifts please.
\:D/
BigMike

Hope to be there!!

Post by BigMike »

Jen and I are hoping to make the trip. We are doing some calender shuffling for the party. This is a red letter date, so it takes priority! :-)

Mike Verleger
Marie LaFreniere

:oops:
I forgot to mention in my 1st post that Mary Palmer's birthday ( I won't mention which one) is September 18, so we'll be celebrating both her and Jerry's birthdays on the 17th!

Post by guest »

8) Since my birthday is September 17th, can I come to the party too?--Bernie Miller
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

"everyone is invited to our garage" --- does that include the MSP?
Marie LaFreniere

Bernie,

Even if it wasn't your birthday, you are more than welcome to join in the festivities.

Marie
Paul/Shirley Cole

Post by Paul/Shirley Cole »

The new VP of the Beaver Island Club of Grand Rapids will now have to formally file a motion that the fall meeting be adjourned to a later date in order to attend these birthday festivities! This may present a potential problem since the meeting was also supposed to be at the VP's house...! #-o Hmmmm.... :-k maybe we could tell them we meant the house on THE ISLAND instead of in GR. Yeah, that's it! :D Hope we're able to make it!!! We'd love to sing "How ooold are you???" :P
kk

mark your calenders

Post by kk »

Shirley, don't forget about me when it comes to singing engagements.special
Shirley Gatliff Cole

Post by Shirley Gatliff Cole »

KK! We may have to plan something special, k? Get it? Special K! :D And good news! We were off a week on the BICGR party, which is actually the week after. So hopefully we'll be able to make it back for these shindigs...
BigMike

Can't wait

Post by BigMike »

Jen and I are in. We will fly up Saturday afternoon. We look forward to the party. See you all then.

Mike Verleger
BigMike

WOW!!

Post by BigMike »

Jen and I just limped back into Mt.Pleasant. After last night, all I can say is WOW! What a great time we had. It was nice to see everyone. Take care,

Mike
Marie LaFreniere

Mike and Jen,

We're glad you were able to make it to the party.

The birthday boy has been recuperating all day as it was 4:30 a.m. before the birthday girl and her entourage went home.

The music was fantastic as usual and I think a good time was had by all!
mary palmer

Post by mary palmer »

Excuse me but i take offense to that!! First of all I was there cleaning up all the tables outside, stacking the chairs, taking care of some of the food and well maybe having a cocktail but its not all my fault it went till 4:30 I would have gone home anytime anyone told me(well maybe)!! Had a great time everyone its was a real fun time lots of great people, great music, and of course a great spot for a gathering. Thank you all for the special evening..Till next year right Sam???????? :wink:
Marie LaFreniere

Now, now, I didn't mean for you to take offense! If we wanted you to leave earlier we would have kicked ya out.

And what do you mean .."Till next year right Sam???????? " Thursday is the actual "Great Day". I'm afraid we might be in for another rough ride!