Beaver Island Featured in September Great Lakes Cruiser

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Jeff

Beaver Island Featured in September Great Lakes Cruiser

Post by Jeff »

For those who met Cynthia on the Island and curious to see her story, a nice 5-page article on Beaver Island and the hotels and restaurants and her experience here appears in the September issue of Great Lakes Cruiser. The magazine is available free online via their web site at http://www.greatlakescruiser.com/
Last edited by Jeff on Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
capncinde

Post by capncinde »

Wow, this was a long time ago...I never knew about this 10 years ago and never thanked you, Jeff, Bill and all the welcoming folks of Beaver Island. Oh yes, and Richie, thanks for the camera loan, lol.
Cynthia Johnson
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Very nice article but no mention of Whiskey Island if I read it correctly.

Skull&CrossBones
capncinde

Post by capncinde »

My apologies, Whiskey Island...I was swept away on a three-day-whirlwind press trip to the island...naive and ignorant. My articles were all structured similarly, where to eat, what to see, where to stay and where to put your boat. I missed out on the finer points of the area until I lived there two years. I wish I could explore it now for the rest of my life...
Cynthia Johnson
Matthew Hill

Beaver Island featured in September GreatLakesCruiser

Post by Matthew Hill »

That web address takes me to a page in Japanese.
Mattheww Hill
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Looked fine to me, but then again, I only have one good eye. Try turning your screen up-side-down or side-ways and it may read better. :roll:

Skull&CrossBones
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Sorry, it appears the Great Lakes Cruiser September 2003 link in the first post was 'lost in translation' at some point after 06.
(now changed to an archive.org link rather than the Japanese site.)
capncinde

Beaver Island --Great Lakes Cruiser

Post by capncinde »

Great Lakes Cruiser Magazine ceased publication in 2006, thus it is inaccessible online. Bill may have a copy of the Beaver Island articles at the museum, if not; stay posted and I will produce a copy for you to access in the next few days.
Cynthia Johnson
medic5740

Jeff's link

Post by medic5740 »

The link posted in Jeff's post just above this one works fine. I downloaded the file, so if others can't access it, I'll be glad to email it to you. Send me an email request at medic5740@gmail.com

Thanks, Jeff for sharing this link!

It's a wonderful article!

P.S. to Pirate: Have you been studying Japanese out there on Whiskey Island?
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Joe, Things are slow on Whiskey Island this time of year so I spend most of my time explanding my mind. It took me a couple of days to figure out the article was not encrypted code but actually Japanese :D

Skull&CrossBones