Jackie (Mouse) Martin RIP

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Gillespie

Jackie (Mouse) Martin RIP

Post by Gillespie »

Just received word that Jack died sometime overnight. A true character. Jack's father died during the recovery period of the sinking of the Carl D. Bradley as one of the people supplying the search effort. That can make for a lonesome life. Farewell to a character, cousin and friend!
cindyr

Post by cindyr »

So sorry to hear this...He was always a character, and fun to have around.
Cindy
VickyF

Jackie Mouse

Post by VickyF »

Jackie is one of the first people Paul and I met on the Island. He gave us nick names and brought me wood for the winter. He will be missed so much........RIP Mouse.....Love you
jacquel

Post by jacquel »

Sympathies to the Martin family. Jackie was quite the character and will be missed.
Nuge

Post by Nuge »

Before I had a place to stay, Jackie asked me to stay at his place -- the "Mouse House". Good times! RIP Jackie Mouse.
Patrick
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Jackie was truly a one-of-a-kind, you'll be missed mate.

Skull&CrossBones
Last edited by BI Pirate on Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
BigMike

Post by BigMike »

Very sorry to hear this news.

Mike Verleger
tkludt

Truly an island character

Post by tkludt »

Jackie was the first islander to show up at our home here which is not exactly on the way to anyplace. He announced that since we both shared the same first name (Thomas) he thought we should set down and drink a beer together which we did. He constantly refered to my wife Cheryl as "Sybil"saying he reminded him of her whoever that might have been. Always a kind word from the man.
We will miss seeing Jackie this winter in his typical black leather jacket and outback hat. RIP Thomas
Tom
VickyF

Service for Jackie Mouse

Post by VickyF »

will there be a memorial for Jackie? Has a date or a service time been set? Please post if there are any plans made. Thanks

Miss you Mouse and Love you always