RIP Ruth Gatliff

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Marie LaFreniere

RIP Ruth Gatliff

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Ruth passed away yesterday. The burial will take place on the Island. More information will be posted as it becomes available.
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Joanie and I were discussing her Mom Thursday evening....."a better place?" The finality, at times like this, is astounding, but, this is life and we all experience it! God bless ya "Roscommon Ruth", we had a lot of laughs, tears and everything in between! As my father used to quote Will Rogers at times like this, "We're just passing through! " (And we are! We are the wink of an eye to time!) God love ya "Gat's"!!!
Shirley Cole

Funeral Arrangements

Post by Shirley Cole »

Thank you for the kind words, Richie. Our mom loved the island, and even loved you too! :wink: In the Detroit area, visitation will be at A.H. Peters in Grosse Pointe Woods (Mack & 8 Mile Road) on Tuesday from 2:30-9:00pm (scripture at 7:00pm). On Wednesday, there will be a mass at St. Joan of Arc Church (Mack & 8.5 Mile Road) at noon with luncheon to follow. On Thursday morning, we will bring my mom back to the island on the 8:30am (8:20am?) boat out of Charlevoix. Visitation will be at the Gatliff family home from 2:00-9:00pm (rosary at 7:00pm). On Friday, there will be a short graveside service at Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery at 11:00am followed by a luncheon. Thank you all again for your prayers and kind words ~ while our hearts break with the loss of our dear mother, Roscommon Ruth is finally home with her Bobby and Corneil. xoxo (obit to follow)
Last edited by Shirley Cole on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Ruth Ann Gatliff
Born in Chicago on Oct. 28, 1926
Departed on Aug. 25, 2012 and resided in Saint Clair Shores, MI.

Visitation: Tuesday, Aug. 28, 2012
Service: Wednesday, Aug. 29, 2012
Cemetery: Holy Cross Cemetery

Ruth Ann Gatliff(nee Hinman) was born October 28, 1926 in Chicago and entered into rest August 26, 2012 in Warren at the age of 85.

She was the beloved wife of the late Joseph and loving mother of Barbara(Walt) Haag, Thomas(Gina), Mary(Robert) Ferenc, JoAnn, Connie(Chris) deRuiter, Shirley(Paul) Cole and the late Robert. Ruth will be missed by her many Grandchildren and Great-Grandchildren.

Visitation Tuesday 2:30 pm-9:00pm at the A.H. Peters Funeral Home, 20705 Mack Avenue at Vernier Road, Grosse Pointe Woods with rosary at 7:00pm

Funeral Wednesday at St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church, 21620 Mack Ave at Vernier Road, Saint Clair Shores from 11:30am until time of Mass at 12:00.

Interment Holy Cross Cemetery, Beaver Island.

Monsigner Michael Burgarin to officiate.

This Memorial Obituary provided by A. H. Peters Funeral Home of Grosse Pointe.

To sign Guestbook..... http://obit.ahpeters.com/
Shirley Cole

Graveside Service

Post by Shirley Cole »

Our family has decided to forego a second full Catholic mass on the island as my mom will have already had mass said at St. Joan of Arc in St. Clair Shores (her parish of 35 years). Instead, we plan to have a graveside eulogy/prayer service at Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery at 11am Friday morning, to be followed by a luncheon. Visitation at the Gatliff family home on Thursday from 2-9pm with rosary at 7pm will remain the same. Sorry for the confusion, and I've already edited the original post to reflect these changes. Thanks ~