Cat Desperately needing new home

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

jacquel

Cat Desperately needing new home

Post by jacquel »

Hi. My name is Lexie. I desperately am looking for a new home where I would be the only cat (or maybe only one of two). I just get too anxious around many cats.

I am about 8 years old, fixed and front paws declawed. I am litter box trained and spend most of my time indoors. I am short haired, gray and white. I get along with people very easily and am not shy.

My background: I started out living with a family with one other cat until that cat went to cat heaven. Then I was by myself. Sadly, that family decided to move far away and couldn't take me with them. So I spent the next year living in a home with several other cats and I was not very happy. A wonderful home was found for me with an elderly woman and life was great until she she went to people heaven this spring. Now I am once again living with a family with multiple cats. While I love the people, I just can't stand living with so many other cats. My presence is making the other cats anxious too and as they are all boys, they are starting to "mark" their territory, so then I mark too. My people are not happy with any of that and have decided that I must be found a better home, preferably where I am the only cat.

So... if you have it in your heart to love me and wish to take me in, please call Jacque at 2220 today or tomorrow. I really don't want to go to a cat shelter across but that might be their only option.

P.S. I come with my own litter box and food tray (I prefer hard food to soft and Cat Chow is my favorite), and treats. I will bring my own brush too.

Lexie
jacquel

Post by jacquel »

Thank you to the kind gentleman who agreed to adopt Lexie.