Ellie Hohn Memorial

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Frank Solle

Ellie Hohn Memorial

Post by Frank Solle »

There will be a celebration of the life of Ellie Hohn this Saturday, August 25 at the CMU Biological Station. A short memorial service will be held in the auditorium of the Gillingham Building at 3:30 pm followed by a social hour at 4:30 and then a pig roast/potluck dinner beginning at 5:30 in the Matt and Ellie Hohn Center. The CMU kitchen is providing a couple potato dishes for the meal and there is a sign-up sheet at McDonough's Market for those wishing to bring a salad or dessert. Coffee and lemonade will be provided, otherwise everyone is welcome to bring their own refreshments.

In addition, there will be an unveiling of a new plaque for the Matt and Ellie Hohn Center honoring the Hohns.

Over their combined 60+ years of involvement with Beaver Island, both Ellie and Matt touched the lives of many, many people. Please join us in this celebration this Saturday. Many former CMU students and faculty will be in attendance, all with stories to share and anxious to hear others.

The children of Matt and Ellie Hohn - Tom, Cathy, Sue, Mike, and their families.
Bernadette Green Cole

Post by Bernadette Green Cole »

Frank,

My thoughts will be with you and all of the Hohn family, unfortunately I cannot attend. Ellie was an amazing lady and very special to the whole Green family, we will remember her always. May she rest in peace.
Marie S Powers

Post by Marie S Powers »

Wish I could be there but I will be in thought. No doubt you will have a great experience to honor Ellie...she was an amazing individual....as was Matt.
Marie Sutherland Powers
adams3ae

She will be missed

Post by adams3ae »

I will be sending my thoughts and prayers as I will not be able to attend. I had the pleasure if spending four summers with Ellie and working at the biological station. She loved that place and I find it very fitting that her life will be celeabrated over looking sand bay. Unit 6 will always be Ellies home to me.

Abbie (Adams) Hart
Kevin Green

Post by Kevin Green »

Very sad to be missing the Memorial. Ellie was an amazing lady and will be greatly missed by all of us who knew her.