POST YOUR MEMORY FROM THE CHICAGO/ARRANMORE PARTY HERE!

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Shirley Cole

POST YOUR MEMORY FROM THE CHICAGO/ARRANMORE PARTY HERE!

Post by Shirley Cole »

While it wasn't funny not having any "travelers" in the car for the trip to Chicago, it was funny watching Tim Wearn flash placquards at passing cars asking, "Got Beer?" instead of the usual "Got Milk?" :P

While it wasn't funny being stuck at the hotel without any alcohol, it was funny when the shuttle driver took all 10-15 of us to the liquor store on the way to Michael Boyle's! 8)

While it wasn't funny when John Cull missed the shuttle to the Heritage Center, it was funny when he got slapped with the fifty bucks it cost him to take the hotel limo! Sorry, John. Really - that's not funny. :wink:

While it wasn't funny when the dj started playing disco music, it was funny to watch Georgie and Grace Gatliff dance to "Dancing Queen" and "Saturday Night Fever"! :lol:

While it wasn't funny when Brian Cole spilled the nice schnapps we bought for him at Fast Eddies, it was funny when he couldn't even talk to say anything about it (or anything else for that matter!) :P

While it wasn't funny that some of our crew couldn't get into the bars for lack of i.d., it was funny driving to the different bars as we sang "AIN'T NOTHIN' SHAKIN' BUT THE LEAVES ON THE TREES!" \:D/

While it wasn't funny that we couldn't catch a cab home, it was funny to have 14 of us pile into Lisa West's van with Grace Gatliff and Edward Palmer somewhere on the bottom! :?

It definitely wasn't funny waiting for a cab with Julie Gillespie! :!:
(Is it funny yet?) (Can we laugh now?) 8-[

It wasn't funny having to look - then having to wait - for Tim Wearn to collect himself and his luggage from all across Chicago so we could head back home, but it was funny watching him suffer with the big head on him the rest of the day! :wink: (we were right there with ya, Timmy!)

Was lots of fun - I hope we do it again next fall!
WiLL

Post by WiLL »

I Have No Memory of this Shirley but, it was Funny as Hell Reading This!

Brain Cole is just a Tad younger than me. But i know what he's like from are Florida Vacation many yrs.ago Down in Hollandale,Hollwood,etc.

Him and Little Ernie was a Pair! lol.

That was Funny about Edward Palmer! He like's it that way.

Nice Thread Shirley Thx. :wink:
Jimmy

Not a good idea posting this.

Post by Jimmy »

Hi dont you think posting this shirley add's bad Vib's to the-Michigan State Police Thread? Im sure it wont help it any,not hard feelings. :?

Post by Guest »

I don't remember reading anyone claim not a single person on Beaver Island had ever had a beer. Drinking isn't illegal. Drinking and driving is. I don't see anywhere above where anyone was drinking and driving. Not to mention the party wasn't even on Beaver Island :?

P.S. I enjoyed the first post - sounds like it was a great trip.

Re: Not a good idea posting this.

Post by Guest »

Jimmy wrote:Hi dont you think posting this shirley add's bad Vib's to the-Michigan State Police Thread? Im sure it wont help it any,not hard feelings. :?
I think your bad spelling, punctuation, and grammar hurt the cause more. :oops:

I'm sorry to see the first post which was so humorous and well written be connected with all this junk.
Shirley

Jimmy's Post

Post by Shirley »

Jimmy's entitled to make his analogy given his limited knowledge of the situation. I'm just trying to figure out if he objects to drinking in general, or just Beaver Islanders drinking. However, for his clarification (as well as for that of any other uninformed individuals), the weekend was all about getting together to celebrate our heritage, family, and friendships. There was great thought and planning that went into this event, INCLUDING the drinking and driving issues. You might have noted in the post that the SHUTTLE took us back and forth to the parties. People took CABS or LIMOS to get where they were going. There were DESIGNATED DRIVERS as well to help people avoid the very "problem" that everyone seems so ready to label Beaver Islanders with - that of irresponsible drinking. Drinking is not illegal. It's an accepted part of most social gatherings (at least the ones I go to!). On the MSP thread I noted that people need to think before they drink, which is what we did. We drank legally and responsibly and all had fun, which is what THIS thread was supposed to be about - the fun that we had and the memories we shared as a group. So please stop casting aspersions and drawing negative conclusions about people and events that you weren't even party to. I also hope others will still feel free to post their POSITIVE feedback. :mrgreen:
Jimmy

Thats cool

Post by Jimmy »

Well said shirley, i didnt mean to rain on your Parade etc. 8)
BERNIE

Post by BERNIE »

:o SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD LOADS OF FUN-MAKES ME WISH I WAS IRISH.

Post by Guest »

I'm sorry Jimmy - I owe you an apology for my rude comment above. Sorry.
Jimmy

n/p.

Post by Jimmy »

That's ok im like WiLL. i dont spell well,both of Our English is not the best. Thanks also. :)
Jimmy

Redo this

Post by Jimmy »

I meant my Grammer and spelling isent that best cause i did not do well in school with English Class. I had many Problems alot to do with Moving alot, and Crappy Foster Home's..

Thats the Past Yes! But thats why it not Good now with my Grammer etc.