off island hiring

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

anna brand

Post by anna brand »

Well said Jim.
KaylynJ

Post by KaylynJ »

I am so thankful to see that someone has put some thought into their post. Thank you Jim.
MarissaCrandall

Post by MarissaCrandall »

Well, considering that I go to the school, I know the person that was fired, and that person did not need to work any tools... we have our JANITOR for that, the person needs to clean basically, unless they are also firing the person that is our janitor, which, I doubt is what is being done. So yes actually my statement about cleaning toilets was right...

Honestly... I'm not a rude person, I would not degrade someone or their profession... but to say that the people here are not "qualified" to do a cleaning job, makes it seem like the islanders are incompetent.

and thank you for understanding that the people living on the island really should be able to have the first chance on getting the available jobs here.
K.A. Pike

Post by K.A. Pike »

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.