Airport Meeting Saturday July 28th

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

sbsp

Post by sbsp »

I will not be able to attend the meeting on Saturday but before moving forward with a 10 Year Plan I have some questions regarding the land acquisition to extend the runway.
I have repeatedly asked the questions but do not believe I have had a direct and clear response. The questions are not complicated and I would ask that someone ask them of the entire BIAC at public comment.
1. Did Mr. Vyse and/or Mr. Voogt play any role in the negotiations of the land purchase?
2. Were either of the individuals representing the interests of the BIAC and therefore the tax payers of Beaver Island?
3. Is there any document or motion granting either individual authority to represent the BIAC or tax payers? And, if so, is the document available?

Kirk D. McBride
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

I will be anxious to hear if there were responses to the questions at today's meeting.

Kirk D. McBride
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Sadly no answers. As I understand it, Mr. Vyse jumped up and declared no more questions, that the meeting was adjourned (even though Mr. Vyse was not the moderator of the meeting), preventing any continued public discussion or input to the plan.
More sad is the fact that such a person represents us, the tax payers.

Kirk D. McBride
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Let me clarify my comments relative to the BIAC meeting yesterday. I believe the committee is becoming more transparent to the public as exemplified by holding a special public informational meeting Saturday, for that I thank you. My comments were not directed to the entire committee or other individuals on the committee. My concerns and comments are directed to the one indiviual who cut off open public comment and dialog by his inappropriate behavior and conduct. I thank the remainder of the committee for their dedication to the public business of the airport operations and hope that they will deal with the individual's act of inappropriate behavior in the best interest of everyone.

Kirk D. McBride
K.A. Pike

Post by K.A. Pike »

How can someone who was NOT at the BIAC meeting Saturday express concerns about how a meeting was "cut off" to public comment and whether or not another persons behavior and conduct was inappropriate. Perhaps these comments would have more value if it come directly from someone who was at the meeting. There's always two sides to every story, but someone who wasn't there doesn't have a side and should not be expressing an opinion of what did or didn't happen.