Thank you to the community

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Frank Solle

Thank you to the community

Post by Frank Solle »

We would like to offer our deep, heart-felt thanks to everyone in the community who supported us over the past few weeks during the passing of our mother, grandmother, great-grandmother. To everyone who brought food and goodies while many of us were there early on, your generosity was much appreciated (and very tasty). To those who send cards and emails, who gave flowers, and who offered support wherever and whenever our paths crossed, we thank you for your caring concern. To those who stopped by to visit and those who took turns sitting with Ellie during this trying time, please know how much that meant to us and to her, as we are sure you do. To Beth Ann and Beth who were there with us throughout, you made this difficult time so much more bearable; weâ??re sure we couldnâ??t have done this without you. And to dear Kate, Ellieâ??s friend and neighbor, for all you have done for so long, saying thank you will never be enough. Ninety years makes for a full life, but having the opportunity to spend over 50 of those years connected to the family that is Beaver Island only makes it more so.

A memorial service has been planned for this August 25th at CMU. In addition to the service there will be a pig roast and pot luck dinner. More details will be forthcoming. In lieu of flowers, Ellie requested donations be made to either the Forest View Senior Housing Project or the Garden Project at the B.I. Health Center.

Again, we thank all of you for helping us through this passage.

The family of Jane Eleanor â??Ellieâ?￾ Hohn â?? Sue and Frank Solle, Cathy Hohn and John Normile, Tom and Lucy Hohn, Mike and Kathy Hohn; Scott and Anne Solle, Maya (Normile) and Sean Cotton, Ian Normile, Christina (Hohn) and Geoff Haisty, Jesse and Brittany Hohn, Matt and Ewa Hohn, Melissa (Hohn) and Jason Hallack, Joel and Jessica Hohn, Michael Hohn, Brittney Hohn; Rylan and Callie Cotton, Allie and Stella Haisty, EllieSue Hohn, Isabell Hallack, Caleb and Cooper Hohn, and Cameron Hohn.
Marie S Powers

Post by Marie S Powers »

Please accept my heartfelt sympathies. Both Matt and Ellie were wonderful people and very influential in my life. I lived in their home and in their garage apartment for most of my college years and working for them at the station was the best job I ever had. They were kind and loving mentors to many.
Marie Sutherland Powers
Beaver Island Jewelry

Ellie

Post by Beaver Island Jewelry »

Sue & Frank: so sorry to hear about Ellie. She will be missed on the island.