Holy Cross August Dinner

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

AltarSociety@hotmail.com

Holy Cross August Dinner

Post by AltarSociety@hotmail.com »

Mea culpa! Let's try again and thanks to Joe for calling attention to the error:

For the past 80 years, our grandparents, aunts, uncles, mothers, and fathers have opened the doors of the Holy Cross Parish Hall for the Annual Homecoming August Dinner. On Tuesday, June 26th, at 9 a.m., please join the Altar Society at the Holy Cross Hall to discuss the future or the cancellation of an island tradition. Men and women are invited and encouraged to attend. All comments are welcome. Blessings to one and all.
Sheri Timsak

Post by Sheri Timsak »

I would love to be here for this meeting but am unable to because I will be working at that time. Is there any way to have an additional meeting maybe that evening so some of the people that are working could come and voice their opinions on this heartbreaking situation?
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

I agree with Sheri. If this was Facebook, I'd give her a thumbs up "like". Most people aren't available on a weekday morning at 9:00 a.m.
AltarSociety@hotmail.com

Good point, Sheri, for an evening meeting. Members of the Altar Society will meet on June 26th at 9 a.m. and again at 7 p.m. at the Parish Hall. We look forward to input from all interested parties.
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Wouldn't it make more sense and be more advantageous to have ONE meeting for all on the 26th?
AltarSociety@hotmail.com

After several phone calls and reconsideration, one meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 26th, at 7 p.m. at the Holy Cross Parish Hall for the purpose of discussing the future of the August Homecoming Dinner. We look forward to hearing your thoughts. Thank you for your patience as we attempt to meet requests.
Sheri Timsak

Post by Sheri Timsak »

Thanks for rescheduling for us. See you there. :D