Helen Dudzik Rest In Peace

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

debrob2

Helen Dudzik Rest In Peace

Post by debrob2 »

Word has just been received of the passing of Helen Dudzik. Helen, who turned 95 on Monday, has been living with her daughter, Joyce Wilson in Swartz Creek, Michigan since the passing of her daughter, Sandy LaFreniere in 2001.

There will be a funeral service here on Beaver Island. More details to follow.

Can't ya just year Al saying, "Hey Baby..."?
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

What a dear sweet lady she was, I think I knew her for more than 40 years! Forget when they first came to the island but it was through the Martins that started the Circle M if I am not mistaken! They were quite the couple whether they were agreeing or disagreeing!! Farewell to a great lady!!
beckyg44

Post by beckyg44 »

Funeral information for Helen Dudzik is as follows: She will be coming home on the 8:30am boat Monday; visitation at Holy Cross Church from 1pm-3pm and 5pm-7pm with Rosary at 7pm. The funeral will be at 10am on Tuesday at Holy Cross Church with gravesite buriel immediately following at Holy Cross Cemetary.
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Good gosh Becky, I am leaving Monday morning and coming back Tuesday afternoon! I will be sure to visit her often, you can count on that!
beckyg44

Post by beckyg44 »

I know you will Richie...the whole family will be on the island until Wednesday mornings boat so please try and catch up with us when you get back.
debrob2

Helen Dudzik

Post by debrob2 »

Just wanted to let all of Helen's BI friends know that you are all invited down to "Jerry's Garage" for food and drinks after the service on Tuesday.
Brad

Post by Brad »

Helen was a very sweet lady. When we got her place on the east side she told Pam when to put the hummingbird feeders out so her little friends wouldn't go hungry. We stayed in touch some over the years and we'll miss her
Party Plan Girl

Post by Party Plan Girl »

Sorry all... I was mistaken on this post. I did not mean to cause any harm... Please forgive me... The story was shared with me today about Wini and I must have misunderstood the connection to relatives. Please forgive me, I meant no harm. The person that shared the story said that there is so much anger in our community and this person has been hearing such terrible comments... even in the back of the church.

Can we begin communication with one another and get past this? I am tired of feeling sick inside... about all of it... aren't you?

I just don't like all of the chaos going on and don't like to see the hurt that it is causing. I am only trying to help make people think and to try and help bring about reconciliation in our community.

I just got a very nasty phone call and I want everyone to know the my postings have nothing to do with Holy Cross Catholic Church.

Actually... this is not quite true... The Lord, Himself, is calling you back to God but you are not listening.

I pray that we all come together in Jesus Christ.
Amen
Last edited by Party Plan Girl on Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:07 am, edited 6 times in total.
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Tina, I think you're a little confused. Helen Dudzik did not have a sister named Wini. That would be Helen Pike, who is still with us.
Party Plan Girl

Post by Party Plan Girl »

Thank you for making me aware and for your understanding Marie.
God bless--