Holy Cross August Dinner

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Holy Cross Alter Society

Holy Cross August Dinner

Post by Holy Cross Alter Society »

For the past 80 years, our grandparents, aunts, uncles, mothers, and fathers have opened the doors of the Holy Cross Parish Hall for the Annual Homecoming August Dinner. On Tuesday, June 26th, at 9 a.m., please join the Alter Society at the Holy Cross Hall to discuss the future or the cancellation of an island tradition. Men and women are invited and encouraged to attend. All comments are welcome. Blessings to one and all.
medic5740

Difference in meaning

Post by medic5740 »

I can't help myself, but the "Holy Cross Alter Society" is defined in any dictionary as the "Holy Cross Change Society." I'm guessing that this is just a slip of spelling, but perhaps it is purposeful.

The correction is not meant to make anyone angry, but instead to have all realize that words are pretty important during a disagreement or an argument, which I believe is the situation now.

So, please change the posting name from the Alter Society to the Altar Society because I don't believe change is the main purpose of an altar society.

www.grammar-monster.com/easily_confused/altar_alter.htm