5th & 6th Grade Play---Sonoma White and the Seven Dolts

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

debrob2

5th & 6th Grade Play---Sonoma White and the Seven Dolts

Post by debrob2 »

Come on out and enjoy the 5th & 6th Grade Play
Friday, May 4th 2012
7:00 PM
Beaver Island Community Center

"Sonoma White and the Seven Dolts"

Admission: $5.00

Raffle will be done in the same manner as it is at the Christmas Bazaar! Buy your tickets and place them in the designated bags to have a chance at winning the prizes of your choice!

TICKETS ON SALE AT THE COMMUNITY CENTER! GET YOUR TICKETS EARLY!

And, as always, thank you for supporting the 5th & 6th grade efforts to earn their way to Camp Hayowentha!
Jim

5th and 6th Graders' Play

Post by Jim »

Deb, are you looking for donations of prizes? An old wood carver that I know might be willing to donate something. If you need anything else, let us know. Donna
debrob2

Raffle

Post by debrob2 »

Jim, we would LOVE that!!! Thank you very much!
Party Plan Girl

Post by Party Plan Girl »

Hi Debbie. Now that the talent show is over, I will drop the artificial trees off at the Community Center. I will transport them on the transit because because they are not the greatest quality and it is less damaging to them this way. I left you a message on your phone/answering machine but did not get a reply... maybe you didn't get my message but I would also like to offer you the use of a beautiful 20' wide X 6' high forest backdrop and other props, for the enchanted forest, if you think you might like to use them. Please let me know... What you do for the children is wonderful!
Thanks,
Tina
debrob2

Play!

Post by debrob2 »

Thank You Tina! I would love to take a look at it and see if it is something we can use! Sounds VERY promising! Sorry, I did not get the message...but I have a very naughty phone system! Drives me crazy most days... Anyways, please let me know when it is a good time to stop by. We are not permitted to bring in any props to the community center until Sunday (after the Alma Choir is done), but we will be VERY anxious to get all of our stuff on the stage so we can begin practicing with the full set of props. Thanks again!
Party Plan Girl

Post by Party Plan Girl »

Great! I will bring the trees in after the concert and I'll have the backdrop with them and we can discuss the other props that I have to offer. I'll let you know...
debrob2

Play Reminder

Post by debrob2 »

Don't forget to get your tickets this week~

We have some GREAT Raffle Prizes!~

Handmade afghans, candles, sweatshirts, t-shirts, gift certificates, toys, etc...etc...
$1 each or 6/$5

Thank you one and all! We appreciate your support!
Mrs. Robert and Katie, Paige, Sharon, Austyn, Forrest, Kai, Brennan, Turner, Quinn and Brendyn!
debrob2

Raffle Prizes

Post by debrob2 »

We have EVEN MORE Raffle Prizes coming in every day! More than 40 prizes already! AND, come early because this year you get to choose which items you would like a chance of winning, so you will want some time to browse through your choices!

So excited and so proud of these kids for working so hard on this production!

Get your tickets early!
E T

Post by E T »

They have been working hard every day. Should be fun time.
Ed Troutman
38280 Beaver Drive
Beaver Island, Michigan 49782
debrob2

Play/Raffle

Post by debrob2 »

Thanks Ed. They have been working soooooo hard and we hope they will be looking out a full audience to support them! AND, I cannot stress this enough, PLEASE COME EARLY SO YOU CAN LOOK OVER THE GREAT RAFFLE PRIZES!

There will be NO intermission this year as it is a shorter performance so you have to get your raffle tickets before the show!

And again, thank you all for supporting the 5th & 6th Grade efforts to earn their way to Camp Hayowentha!
Sue Avery

Post by Sue Avery »

Don't forget the 5th & 6th grade play tonight that starts at 7pm at the Community Centre.

But more importantly don't forget to buy your raffle tickets on the way in, as there are some amazing prizes, and there is no intermission this year. At last count there were 53 prizes.

I tried not to peek when I had to go into the theatre to get a table for the raffle prizes but the children and the set looked pretty darn good. It is going to be a great show!

Hope to see you there tonight!
Sheri Timsak

Post by Sheri Timsak »

The play was amazing - the kids all did a great job and all the behind the scenes people too- Thanks for the laughs!!
medic5740

For those that missed the play

Post by medic5740 »

If any of you missed the play and your are interested in viewing it, check it out at the following website link:
http://beaverislandnews.com/2012%20May% ... 0Dolts.htm

Compliments of Beaver Island News on the 'Net

Joe Moore, editor