Dog Missing - April 6th 7:30 pm Jack Russel "Chopper

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

mrdoig

Dog Missing - April 6th 7:30 pm Jack Russel "Chopper

Post by mrdoig »

Richard Remus' dog choppers ran off chasing a deer near west side drive /Fox Lake Road & Camp #3 trail at 7:30 pm and has not been seen since. He is white with a few brown spots and answers to Choppers or "Boodecree". He is a sweet dog and hopefully he will be found ... please call 630-750-7870.

Choppers is still missing please keep an eye out for him he may have gotten lost and not sure which home to go to he has had a few on the island. Thanks.
MARY ROSE
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

I will keep my eyes and ears open. You might want to also contact Travis Williams if you haven't already, he often finds dogs running around or gets phone calls when somebody finds a dog. I hope you find him soon!
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
mrdoig

Choppers is still missing as of Saturday at 12:48 pm.

Post by mrdoig »

To All: Choppers has stayed with: quite a few people on Beaver Island and in a few homes so he may be confused as to which direction to go.
{1} He stayed at my brothers on East Side Drive near Hannigan's Road {2} Richard Remus' polebarn near Welke Airport {3} My house on Donegal Bay Road and the Boat launch on Font Lake {4} He took off on Good Friday, April 6th, from Camp #3 Trail / West Side Drive / Fox Lake Road. He was chasing something and never returned (he has never been gone more than 5 minutes before this adventure). Thank you to everyone looking for the little guy - he is white with a brown head an a couple of brown spots - a typical Jack Russel.
Last edited by mrdoig on Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MARY ROSE
cindyr

Post by cindyr »

I have thought I heard a dog barking in the woods or fields south of my house off Fox Lake Road a few different times yesterday and today. My dogs don't seem to notice, which makes me think it's something else. Still, I walked that way this morning, called and kept watching...there is a lot of brush and large tree tops that a dog could get tangled in. Good luck!
Cindy
tkludt

Post by tkludt »

I covered the forested bluff from 1/2 mile south of my driveway back to my house with our dog who covers alot of ground quickly. No luck. Tom Kludt
mrdoig

Choppers ....... still out there somewhere

Post by mrdoig »

To All,

Thank you for continuing to look for Choppers.......he is still out there somewhere. I am hoping that anyone that surrounds the area between Camp #3 Trail on the west side and East side drive - south of Hannigans/Fox Lake Road can keep their eyes peeled. That seems like an area a little confused puppy could find himself lost in.

I truly appreciate everyone trying to help us find this Island Dog.....he truly loves the island and I hope we find him so he can enjoy it for years and years to come........

Thank you.....
MARY ROSE
mrdoig

REWARD -please help me come home .... Sincerely, Choppers

Post by mrdoig »

REWARD ........... HELP ME COME HOME

Choppers is lost and really wants to come home - please help him find his way. Thank you.
MARY ROSE
treehugger

Post by treehugger »

I have been keeping my eyes open for choppers in the Donegal Bay Rd and the Indian Pt area. Maybe he got this far north.
Jim

Chopper

Post by Jim »

Donna and I are keeping our eyes and ears open for him here in the swamp between McCauleys and Hannigans.
mrdoig

Choppers is still missing - Day 6

Post by mrdoig »

Thank you everyone for continuing to look for Choppers/Boodecree.

Thank you for lending vehicles and moral support and your eyes and ears....

I will let you know if we find him ... I was just hoping he would have returned home by now.

We have searched areas that are accessible and yelled " Choppers" all the way around the island a couple/few times already.

Please continue to look for the little guy .... he just likes to have a good time and this time ran way too far away.

We are grateful to all of you !!!!
MARY ROSE
Bob

Post by Bob »

I am looking near the airport nearly everyday.
mrdoig

Choppers.... is still missing.

Post by mrdoig »

Thank you everyone for keeping an eye out for the little guy.

Perhaps with CMU arrivals on the island today a few more spots will be explored.

It has been a week today since Choppers ran off.

This island is full of warm, loving, and supportive people.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for looking for him.

I really appreciated the advice of places to look (the old fire tower, unfinished basement on Greens Lake Road, Johnny Martin's trail) .

I'll keep hoping he somehow has managed to stay lost but alive.
MARY ROSE
mrdoig

Jack Russel in front of Bank yesterday morning_

Post by mrdoig »

I was told that there was a Jack Russel in front of the Charlevoix Bank yesterday morning ... Did anyone else see this dog? If so, does anyone know who the dog belongs to. It is possible Choppers could be in town as that is were he spent most of his time on Donegal Bay Road.

Thanks.
MARY ROSE
tkludt

Post by tkludt »

I checked aound the Ebers-Franckowiac property this afternoon with no luck I'm sorry to say. Tom K.