Looking to buy Edwin Leuck's book: the plants of Beaver

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Nathan Ayers

Looking to buy Edwin Leuck's book: the plants of Beaver

Post by Nathan Ayers »

Hi all, I had an email exchange with Dr. Leuck recently, and he said he thought some copies of his book were still floating around the island, perhaps at the toy store, or print museum. Does anyone know where I can come buy a copy? I will be coming into town on Friday. Thank you very much in advance.. Nate
Marie S Powers

Post by Marie S Powers »

Nathan, I was the illustrator of the "Guide To The Flora Of Beaver Island Michigan" I could make a photocopy of the book for you if you would like. The revised issue by Ed Leuck was made with copies of the original illustrations so while it is better in regards to the plant identifications and descriptions...the illustrations have lost what the late Ed Voss loved about the book.
Nathan Ayers

Post by Nathan Ayers »

That would be wonderful Marie!! Can I call you this week sometime to talk more? feel free to email me privately if you like : ayers.nathan@gmail.com

Thanks!
caram

Post by caram »

I bought a few copies of the book at the Toy Museum just this past summer. Don't know if Mary has more or not.
Marie S Powers

Post by Marie S Powers »

Nathan Ayers wrote:That would be wonderful Marie!! Can I call you this week sometime to talk more? feel free to email me privately if you like : ayers.nathan@gmail.com

Thanks!
Certainly Nathan. I can be reached at 810-346-2475
Joyce

Looking to buy Edwin Leuck's book

Post by Joyce »

The book is available at the Print Shop Museum - open by chance or by appointment during the off season.
BIHS volunteer
Nathan Ayers

Post by Nathan Ayers »

thank you for the replies everyone!