Very Interesting Article about Tourism

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

CB Paradise

Post by CB Paradise »

A very interesting article indeed. Beaver Island should get on board with the new tourist and tourism. Beaver Island is a destination location. You have to plan to go and stay there and not just visit for the day. All the more reason to plan now for a fast boat that draws everyone. People have to visit Beaver Island to know if they might like it to be a vacation destination another year. With the current ferry system a day visit is very difficult. The best of both worlds is to provide options. A fast boat for a visit to Beaver Island while on an extended vacation in Michigan. This would give Beaver Island the exposure for people to enjoy it for a full day and then make the decision to return for a longer stay in the future.

CB
John Bolton

Post by John Bolton »

The Pure Michigan ads are working, at least here in California.
Several folks who I do business with over the years and know that I am "gone to some island" during the summer, have recently been remarking with comments like, " I see why you go to Michigan, looks pretty cool there" or "Don't you go to Michigan? I have seen it on TV lately"....
Being Californians, I find it best to relate to them by replying,
" Yea, It's just like Hawaii... two months out of the year" 8)
If we do not all hang together,
we will all hang separately,
Ben Franklin