meals on wheels

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

pam moxham

meals on wheels

Post by pam moxham »

does e/one know when school is closed ( as today...ice day )M on W aren't delivered?...Not sure if there is notification of this to the seniors each time , tho I'm sure it is printed somewhere & "they" were told @ some point.

However like me ( rapidly dashing toward being a snr) folks may have known & forgotten.

I don't know h/m get lunch delivered in wtr nor for h/m this may be an "only " contact during the day.Perhaps folks get called "school is closed ...do you have food ready to eat in the house...."Perhaps not.

perhaps a chain of calls could be set up ?(Like school for notifying teachers /students no school..)doesn't have to be at 6am lol....but I'm interested in being a part of it . Anyone else? Who do we (or I) talk to ?H/m folks get Mon Wheels ? Is it a privacy violation ? I'm not trying ( this week ) to annoy a/one , just to make sure s/one s/where isn't "falling thru the cracks"

Maybe a snr (student ) project? Adopt a senior...?Maybe this is already covered 9 different ways......however LAST snow day was when I found out ( again?) about all this and this from s/one ( client) who said they'd be bringing lunch soon & so I left.nbody starved ....frozen ...or neglected & there is always food in THAT fridge.....but it got me to thinking...

I'm off island for a bit (weather permitting lol )I'll check further on this when I get back . (Nope don't have a laptop ) see ya in 2 weeks.
Phyllis Moore

Post by Phyllis Moore »

Pam, I think you might get a better response if you didn't use a form of shorthand, but actually wrote out the words. It's very difficult to read and understand what you're asking for some folks.
pam moxham

translation

Post by pam moxham »

hi folks, thanks phyllis for your suggestion
translation ( & it wasn't even in australian!!!)
m on w ...meals on wheels
e/one.........everyone
snr........senior
h/m.....how many
wtr....winter
lol......laughing out loud
a/one........anyone
s/one......someone......I bet some of you who may have been confused figured that one out.....
pam
CVX Commission on Aging

Post by CVX Commission on Aging »

Pam, yes all of our home delivered meal recipients are informed that there are no hot delivered meals when school is closed. However, not all of them are necessarily aware of the closure so reminders are great! We'd love to have your asssitance in making sure no one is caught unaware or unprepared!

Just call Ann at 448-2022 when you are back and thank you!
Dawn George
The Commission on Aging,
Serving Seniors of Charlevoix County.
pam moxham

meals

Post by pam moxham »

thanks ann will do