Gas prices

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

John

Gas prices

Post by John »

Hi just wondering what the current gas prices are?
Rich

Post by Rich »

It was 2.89 but not sure if that is the current. Unfortunately we are stuck with whatever the price is until the load is used up!!
vik

Post by vik »

What about beer prices and selection on the island?
kathleen

gas prices

Post by kathleen »

there is a pretty good beer selection on the island.as with everything else here,beer is somewhat more than mainland prices.but... thats the price you have to pay to live/visit in paradise!

Post by Guest »

Would they microbrews such as Bell's, Traverse Brewing, Great Lakes, New Holland, or Arcadia?

I am looking for something other than Bud-Miller-Coors. Particularly local stuff.
Thanx.
Rich

Post by Rich »

They have Bells and others at times (Edmund Fitzgerald), Guiness, 4 to 5 a pint (i paid 5 euro a pint in Ireland (ouch) so all in all I would call it market...........Rich
beer

Post by beer »

Rich wrote:They have Bells and others at times (Edmund Fitzgerald), Guiness, 4 to 5 a pint (i paid 5 euro a pint in Ireland (ouch) so all in all I would call it market...........Rich
Thats a first never heard of Edmund Fitzgerald. Herard of the good ship and crew thou..
Rich

Post by Rich »

Yeah, I forgot who produces it but one of the micros, good porter but their advertising slogan, which I think has been changed, was, "Goes down, stays down!". Booh!!!!
vik

Post by vik »

Great Lake Brewing of Cleveland produces Edmund Fitzgerald Porter. Good stuff.

www.greatlakesbrewing.com

I appreciate all your replies. Loking forward to coming to the island and having a pint with you folks. :-)

Post by Guest »

What about an ATM or debit cards.Did anyone get a machine yet?
Rich

Post by Rich »

I do believe there is a machine at Harbor Market. Rich

Post by Guest »

That was going to be next question.
Glad you answered it, Rich.
Michelle LaFreniere

ATM

Post by Michelle LaFreniere »

McDonoughs Market also has an ATM. There is a $3.00 charge to use it though.. I am not too familiar with ATM's but I guess this is normal.
Trish Scott

ATM

Post by Trish Scott »

$3 fee for ATM is high. Typically down state it ranges from $1.75 - $2.00. Perhaps the servicing of the ATM is more expensive on the Island.