Another Date Change - Beaver Island On TV - Don't Miss It

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Chamber of Commerce

Another Date Change - Beaver Island On TV - Don't Miss It

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

:D
Fly Fishing The World - With Conway Bowman
Sportsmanâ??s Channel - (395 on Dish Network)

Steve-

Due to a production glitch with another episode, the air dates for the Beaver Island show have changed. I apologize for the inconvenience and please pass this information along.

Best, Justin

Wed 12/7/2011 3:00am
Fri 12/9/2011 9:00am
Sat 12/10/2011 7:30pm
:D
Last edited by Chamber of Commerce on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chamber of Commerce
www.BeaverIsland.org
Chamber@BeaverIsland.org
(231) 448-2505
Chamber of Commerce

It will also rerun next year. A big thanks to your Chamber member partners who helped make this great Beaver Island marketing opportunity happen. THANKS! Indigo Guide Service, Island Airways, Beaver Island Lodge, Roger & Nancy Wilcox and E J Hodgson Ent Inc.
Last edited by Chamber of Commerce on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chamber of Commerce
www.BeaverIsland.org
Chamber@BeaverIsland.org
(231) 448-2505
Chamber of Commerce

Another Air Date Change

The network has decided that they want more time to promote this particular episode through an advertising campaign, which is a good thing. :D As such, the air dates have moved back another week. Please pass this information along and I apologize for any inconvenience.

Justin Karnopp
Barrett Productions

Wed 12/14/2011 3:00 am
Fri 12/16/2011 9:00 am
Sat 12/17/2011 7:30 am

Fly Fishing The World TV
Dish Network ch 395
Direct TV ch 605
Chamber of Commerce
www.BeaverIsland.org
Chamber@BeaverIsland.org
(231) 448-2505
Hayseeder

Post by Hayseeder »

why is it that, whenever beaver island gets a respective population of an animal,the powers that be have too exploit it?
Kevin Green

Why??

Post by Kevin Green »

Hayseed, here is a better question. Why is it that no matter what the discussion on this forum, some people feel the need to go negative and complain about everything?

I believe if you watch the video you would see that instead of "exploiting" the fish population, the guides at Indigo work hard to enhance and develop the fishery, to the benefit of both fisherman and non fisherman alike. They are strict catch & release fishers who do not kill fish and work hard to preserve an environment that will allow the fish population to grow and flourish. On top of that, the economic impact of a fishing business done right will have a great effect in bringing much needed tourist dollars to Beaver Island. If there is a downside to this, I guess I'm missing it.

On another note, does anyone ever wonder what folks on the outside think of Beaver Islanders when they read the BI Forum. Lately it's not been a pretty picture. Is printing your grievances online the only way to address issues? Whatever happened to face to face dialogue?

Kevin Green
Hayseeder

Post by Hayseeder »

i am remembering the lake genasereth walleye tournament fiasco.and hoping that something like that dosn't occur again.i was trying too make a point without bringing that whole mess up .sorry.and i agree that the discussions are getting a little nasty lately. by exploit i mean capitalize and or commercialize.and i aint talkin about the carp.
bibabes+2

Post by bibabes+2 »

Dear Mr. Green, I must say I agree with your observations concerning sharp rhetoric on the Forum. I did notice the airport issue has 8,000 views so there must be interest in the topic.
Hopefully people searching information about visiting Beaver Island will contact the Beaver Island Community and Visitor Information Center or Beaverisland.org. During these tough times Beaver Island can not be over promoted. Cheryl