Help Iron Ore Creek Restoration

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Pam Grassmick

Help Iron Ore Creek Restoration

Post by Pam Grassmick »

1000 plugs of certified native beach grass arrived for planting along the dunes at Iron Ore Creek where the culvert was replaced. The Trail's Committee and I would like to invite individuals to help with the planting on Tuesday, October 18th at 9 a.m. Gloves are all the equipment needed. If weather becomes an issue, check here for additional directions. Thank you for your consideration.
McGrass
debrob2

Beach Grass

Post by debrob2 »

Pam,
Is this something that my 5th and 6th graders would be old enough to help with? We would love to help, but unfortunately absolutely CANNOT at that time as we are under a state mandate to administer the MEAP test at that date/time.
Let me know if it is something we can help with in the future.
Pam Grassmick

Post by Pam Grassmick »

Thanks, Deb. MEAPs come first and your 5th and 6th grades have been very helpful with past efforts. I'll keep you in mind for other age appropriate community work-thanks!
McGrass
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Pam is unable to post today and asked that I let everyone know that the wind has died down, the rain is holding off and any help down at Iron Ore Bay would be appreciated today.