Forest Health

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Pam Grassmick

Forest Health

Post by Pam Grassmick »

With the recent increase in calls and e-mails related to our island's forest health, I thought that I would pass along this web site for those individuals looking for additional information. In an e-mail today from Roger Mech with the DNR Forest Health Monitoring Program, he and other researchers are still evaluating our specimens to diagnose the fir problem.

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-15 ... --,00.html
McGrass
Hayseeder

Post by Hayseeder »

the only thing wrong with the forest is ....................??????????????????
too much goverment.overpopulation,maybe well get a grant to save the beech trees.what will we do without the NRETC? OMG help us all.lets do something about the problem instead of talking about it and or pointing fingers.more goverment is not the solution.grant money is not free.grab a chainsaw and do something about it.talk is cheap...and only brings ............................................................................................BS
anna brand

Post by anna brand »

Hayseeder: In reading your thread, I'm trying to figure out if you are onto something or just on something.