Wellness Garden - come see what's growing

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

islandnurse

Wellness Garden - come see what's growing

Post by islandnurse »

COME SEE WHATâ??S GROWING IN THE WELLNESS GARDEN

When: Sunday, October 2, 2011 from 11:30 am --- 1:30 pm
Where: Behind the Health Center and Forest View Apts.
What else:Bring your friends and family! Show them the
Work that has been completed as well as hear the future plans.
Refreshments: Kate Garland will be dishing up Daddy Frankâ??s
ice cream; Head over to Stoney Acres for free hotdogs! Drinks are available for purchase.

Donâ??t forget to review our fundraiser info and artist auction notice;
It takes many hands to plant a garden. If you are interested in helping out or donating plants, there will be a sign-up sheet available.

Hope to see you there!!! Connie and Leonor
questions - call BIRHC 448-2275
jacquel

Ranger Club helps with garden

Post by jacquel »

The Beaver Island Ranger Club (Afterschool program) is going to help design and equip the children's garden at the medical center. Each month something new will be made to put into the garden. Last month (Sept.) they made dream catchers.

We have lots of ideas and if anyone would like to help up make some of them, please contact Jacque LaFreniere 448-2220 to schedule a time.
Rahn

Post by Rahn »

Leonor and Connie deserve a round of applause. They have tirelessly worked on this project (well, OK, they probably have gotten VERY tired). There have been so many islanders contributing time, effort and funding! Good job, Leonor and Connie for coordinating such a diverse project. And many thanks to all those who have contributed. My part has been very small. I just laid out some proposed pathways between the various gardens and helped with some pruning. There was no need for a designer when so many capable people were already doing that!

Because of those who have participated, I'd say that in a year or so, the Wellness Garden will be a destination!
medic5740

Wellness Garden

Post by medic5740 »

Since I was unable to attend on Sunday, Leonor and Connie gave a walking tour through the gardens which I videotaped. The video is processed and available to all at:

http://beaverislandnews.com/2011%20Octo ... 20Tour.htm

Feel free to stop buy and view their presentation.
josephbaker

Post by josephbaker »

You have really done a great job. I visited it and I was pleasured being there.