Barney's Lake Trails

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Sandra Birdsall

Barney's Lake Trails

Post by Sandra Birdsall »

Volunteers are needed on Tuesday, Sept.27, to help clear trails and post maps on the trails at the Barney's Lake Little Traverse Conservancy Nature Preserve. The LTC will be building storage racks for canoes, kayaks and rowboats and a parking lot has already been constructed. Conservancy staff will be at the site after 9:30, so if you can help, come anytime after that.
We will meet on Barney's Lake Road at the canoe access area on the Lake. The preserve is a beautiful site and the trails should help more people enjoy its beauty. [/b]
bibabes+2

Post by bibabes+2 »

Dear Sandra,
Thank you for your volunteer services for Beaver Island and maintaining things that many of us take for granted when we vacation there. You and your group are to be commended. To help some of us non islanders with our guilt for not being there to assist but reapers of the benefits when we visit, is there anything we can do to assist you from afar? Is there a fund or organization to which we can make a donation?
Cheryl
bibabes+2

Post by bibabes+2 »

Thank you, I've been told the organization is:
Little Traverse Conservancy, Inc
Harbor Springs, MI 49740-9469
They also have property and trails on Little Sand Bay close to Barney's Lake. Certainly a worthy organization and cause. The information is appreciated.
Cheryl
bibabes+2

Post by bibabes+2 »

Sorry, I missed giving the street address and people can become members with a donation:
LTC
3264 Powell Road
Harbor Springs, MI 49740-9469
Phone: 231-347-0991
I'm also told that Little Sand Bay is not near Barney's Lake. Other than that, I got things close to correct.
Volunteers, keep up the good works.
Cheryl
bibabes+2

Post by bibabes+2 »

I hope your work project was successful and you had better weather than GR.
Cheryl
Laura Gibson

Thanks so much!!!

Post by Laura Gibson »

I hope the clearing went well. I appreciate the work so much! Let us know at the school if there are any upcoming projects I could have the after-school students help out with.
Laura Gibson
21st CCLC Site Coordinator
Beaver Island Community School
37895 King's Highway
Beaver Island MI 49782
work 231.448.2744 ext. 334
laurag@beaverisland.k12.mi.us