Sad News

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

caram

Sad News

Post by caram »

For those of you who knew him, Alex Marciniak passed away on Tuesday May 3. Lex had built a home in St. James in the past few years and also lived in Grand Haven. He will be missed.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Good God, what happened, he was a nice man!!?
caram

Post by caram »

Lex had been fighting Hepatitis C for several years. As I understand it, he had a liver transplant about 3 months ago and had complications ever since, spending those 3 months at the U of M hospital. Yes, a nicer man could not be found! He loved the island.
Debbie Robert

Lex...

Post by Debbie Robert »

Does anyone have an address to send cards? What about funeral arragements/services?
caram

Post by caram »

Debbie - I looked up his wife Karen in the phone book and don't see an address, but if I find one I will let you know. Funeral arrangements and an obit. are listed on line at: http:www.grandhaventribune.com .

Lex

Post by Guest »

Here's the direct link to Lex's obituary and funeral info...

http://www.grandhaventribune.com/paid/2 ... 023017.bsp

Lex really loved Beaver Island, and will be missed...
Michelle LaFreniere

Lex

Post by Michelle LaFreniere »

I have a funny story to tell about "Lex". A couple of years ago my very shy niece and I were driving to town from her house, across the street from Lex's house. We were almost to the library when "Lex's" big white van went by and she exclaimed "Turn around Aunt Michelle and take me home, My neighbor is going home and I am supposed to go visit him. I didnt know him at all and couldnt see my normally very shy niece going to visit someone she didnt hardly know and so I replied to her that she barely knew him and I didnt know if he was expecting company, and to wait till her dad got home and maybe he would take her over to say hi. She said "Aunt Michelle, I DO know him! His name is "Lex", "Lex Luthor" I think, and he said I could come over anytime!"Until today I didnt know his real name.. You will be missed Mr. "Luthor", by everyone and especially the children in your neighborhood....
cheriken

sorry

Post by cheriken »

Peace be with him and his family, friends....
caram

Post by caram »

The address for Lex's wife is:
Karen Marcinak
610 Columbus
Grand Haven, Michigan 49417
I attended the visitation last night and it was truly a celebration of Lex's good life. He was laid out with all his hunting and racing memorabilia and tons and tons of photos. Everyone there could only keep talking of what a good man he was, and how much fun we all had with him.