King's Highway Striping!!

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

bibabes+2

Post by bibabes+2 »

I dated a motorcycle rider for a short time, very short time, and he came to Beaver Island with me once. He told me that if all the roads were paved there would be several biker clubs that would come and enjoy the island. This might be an untapped source of tourism.
Cheryl
Beaver Island Jewelry

King's Highway

Post by Beaver Island Jewelry »

Dream on regarding paving roads on the island. We can't even get our main road, King's Highway, paved properly like normal Michigan counties.
cathyg

road striping

Post by cathyg »

Thank you very much Richie for helping me and diligently pursuing the striping of Kings Hwy to 4 corners for the importance of health and safety for ALL bicyclers. My apologies to anyone who feels inconvenienced by the visual asthetics of the lines....(actually , shame on you) I, on the other hand can't stress enough my graditute and the importance of the lines for the safety of my son Drew as he learns to ride his bike safely and properly to town on a road that has 45 mpr traffic speed limits and curves with blind spots. He needs the visual of the lines to know where it is safe for him to ride now that we have moved to Carlisle Rd. and he no longer has the sidewalks of town for his saftey guide line.
Cathy (Kate) Garland, former Beaver Island Resident
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Cathy, you are welcome and Nancy, we are "scheduled" for King's Highway in 2013, let's keep our fingers crossed. Thank you to the Road Commission for getting that striping done!
Phyllis Moore

Post by Phyllis Moore »

I'm with Kate on this. I like the "bike lines", now if some of these bike riders would get reflectors and lights when they ride after dark we'd be all set. The other night (well after dark) six bike riders turned off Carlisle onto the King's Highway and not one of them had a reflector or a light! Thank goodness they weren't hit during their trip into town since they were extremely difficult to see. At least now maybe they'll be within the correct lane and not all over the road.