Hot air balloons on beaver island

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Batman

Hot air balloons on beaver island

Post by Batman »

My good friend Jeff Geiger owns Grand Traverse Balloons in TC .
He has Been in business for 25 years ,and just had 25 balloon regatta in tc that was well received .
Jeff would like to bring his balloon which is sponsored by tv 9 and 10 , and four others from around the country set up on the island and fly to Michigan mainland
I'm posting this on the forum to get ideas and feed back to see what people think . Im thinking this could be a big news event and bring tourist to the island . Mr West from the chamber has said to me they like events that are outside of tourist season. That why I thought that this was a good fit because jeff thought sept or oct .
Please post what you think But the main hurdles are
1 Wind that is blowing to the mainland
2 the balloons run on propane and they don't like to drain there tanks all the way so bringing them over might have to be a hasmat run filling can be done on the island.
3 boats ready in case of any problems god forbid
4 places to stay
5 WindS
I'm posting this because it would be big publicity for the island but I need help and trying to get the idea out there to get some backing from the power that be
My number is 231-218-5025 Butch Hogarth
Jeff is 231-947-9433 his website www.grandtraverseballoons.com
We need some support to get this off the ground literally
Batman

Getting a lot of good feed back

Post by Batman »

Thank for all the great feed back looking at the first tree weeks in sept
Batman

Grand traverse balloons

Post by Batman »

I just talked to jeff today and he planning on coming the week after labor day the 7 and 8th were gonna bring the balloon over so it's here and when the weather is right he will come over and tether the balloon one evening and then set flight for the mainland the next day if weather permits get your cameras ready this will be spectacular
Oh ya there could be as many as five come