Going to Arainn Mhor

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Jimmy Greene

Going to Arainn Mhor

Post by Jimmy Greene »

Hello to everyone on Beaver Island!

Very excited to be traveling to Arainn Mhor - finally - with two of our kids (the other is studying in London as part of a Notre Dame program) We will be arriving in Dublin on Holy Thursday, driving to Burtonport for the ferry on Good Friday, then spending the weekend on the Island before journeying back to Dublin Easter afternoon. We'll then join our oldest in London for the rest of Easter Week. We'll be staying at Annie Bonner's B&B.

I know some here have made it back to our homeland... Do you have any tips/suggestions while we're there? We'd sure appreciate it! :D

Can't wait to go. Hope to see you all again soon! God bless you all!

Jim and Blanche Greene
jgreene@jlohr.com
Rich

Post by Rich »

Jimmy, Where do you hail from? I presume you have viewed the pics and stories from our trip a couple years ago at: www.beaverislandrealty.com/ireland ? There are a couple of people I could put you in touch with over there but unsure if they will be there at that time.....Rich Gillespie
Jimmy Greene

where do you hail from?

Post by Jimmy Greene »

Hi Rich,
I'm Peter and Pat Greene's oldest; nephew of Rose and Russ and the rest of the "Nigs". Living for the past 18 years in Canton, MI (near Ann Arbor and Detroit). I was on the Island almost 2 years ago; stayed in Beth Ann's house with my family.

Send me an email if you want, or post replies here. Would love to meet up with some folks on Arainn Mhor. When I called Annie Bonner's, I gave her my last name for the reservation. The first thing she asked was "Are you from Beaver?" :D I can't wait to go; 19 days and counting...

I'll click the link and view the pics. Thanks!

Jim
jflanagan

Post by jflanagan »

Jimmy,

I assume you've seen the aranmore website @:

http://www.arainnmhor.com/

Jim
Jimmy Greene

Post by Jimmy Greene »

You bet! It's how I made reservations for the B&B and the ferry. Thanks!
joygreen@gtlakes.com

Post by joygreen@gtlakes.com »

Hi Jim and Family,
Have a wonderful trip. We will be joining you in thought. See how that E got on the Green name. Love to the family.
Uncle Russ and Aunt Joy
Jim Greene

Post by Jim Greene »

Thanks Aunt Joy!

We'll be thinking of you as well. Hope all are well :D Give everyone a big "Slainte" for us!

I see that they spell Greene the "RIGHT" way on Arainn Mhor! Tell Russell it's so! :wink: I hate to always be right.... ah well... :lol: