Waste Management Committee Meeting

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Donegaljim

Waste Management Committee Meeting

Post by Donegaljim »

The April meeting of the Waste Management Committee will be on Tuesday, April 19 at 9:00am at the Peaine Township Hall. Jim Birdsall
Terry Frysinger

Post by Terry Frysinger »

I can't make the meeting but I have a question for the committee. I contacted the Waste Management Company and they would not bring a dumpster to the island. Is there some option available for 5+ yards of debris disposal? Are those new bag-dumpsters an option?
Donegaljim

Post by Donegaljim »

If you will call Doug Bugai at the Transfer Station on Monday between 11am and 5 pm he can help you figure out how to deal with your waste issue. The phone is 231-448-2228. Jim Birdsall
Terry Frysinger

Post by Terry Frysinger »

Thanks Jim, but I don't have a waste issue, just a question. When I talked to the Waste Management people last year the price of a 3-5 yard dumpster on the mainland was around $600. They refused to even discuss a price for setting up a dumpster on the island. They said they would not do business here. Why?
Donegaljim

Post by Donegaljim »

I am afraid that I have no knowledge of Waste Management operations and procedures. Doug probably knows more about disposal issues than anybody on the Island and may be able to shed some light on your question. Jim