museum week changed to July 11-16, 2005

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Rich

Post by Rich »

Yep, thats right, it must have been the looks thing!! We all knew Paul was the brains of the deal!! You might even say he "couched" his real intentions in the beginning.......... :mrgreen: but all is well when the dust settles after all............, hangars?? I don't think so.....if it were practical like when we had fly=ins, no problem.............Bill Cashman, I had no idea your were getting old, when did this start?? Still , and no matter what I would argue that we can make it work for the best! Paul/Shirley have a great idea, let's work with it, and true, the museum festivities can and do have their u-ps and downs, but this could/should be the provocation to a better more determined "show"...........................

Post by Guest »

Is Danny Burton's music festival on July 22, 23, 24 this year?
skeeter

Post by skeeter »

The music fest is the same weekend as the Gatliff reunion
skeeter

Post by skeeter »

The reunion on the 23rd

Post by Guest »

Some very good ideas are being presented. Will any of them be implemented before summer arrives. Bev brought up a very good point are vacationers going to be informed in advance that events/museum week have been moved or will they find out after they arrive on the Island? Many companies require vacation weeks be signed up for in December or January, changing them is not usually an option. Do we (and others) take a gamble on things being fixed and keep our vacation plans or just call the whole thing off till another year? If the church hall was booked for a reunion back last summer how did it happen that the scheduling conflict was not noticed before the dates for this years week were announced. This shows a remarkable lack of communication and coordination amongst those in charge of planning the various activities on the Island.
Colleen

Musem week

Post by Colleen »

I was told that musem week going to be the third week of July so i have already ask for vacation time, and now that they have change the week, I do not know i will be able change the week of my vacation. I was really looking forward to this musem week, because have never been the Island during this time. My Grandfather was born on the it great back the place we my Grandfather was born. We have a cousin who as never been to the Island. to see we her grandmother was born.

Colleen Teahan
skeeter

Post by skeeter »

Unfortunately,there was a huge miscommunication problem in setting the date for museum week this year.I am sorry your vacation plans are not what you had hoped for.HOPEFULLY next year, the people in charge will get this straightened out. Museum week should be like Homecoming. The date for homecoming is ALWAYS the second sunday of August NOT the second weekend .