electrical power

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

kpd

electrical power

Post by kpd »

Is any research being done on the Island to determine the practically and feasability of wind power?
Dave Roop

Post by Dave Roop »

Just a bit of humor.
The many years l have visited and lived on the island, l have heard a lot of wind blown by some of the very best including myself and have never seen any electricity produced.
Hope this might be of some help
Rich

Post by Rich »

U of M did a wind power study here many years ago (25 anyway) and, at that time, it was determined that we actually did not have enough wind consistency to make wind power feasible then. Needless to say, technology has changed much since then but there is much to consider, where would you locate the towers!? I do remember that my brother or I had to climb the tower where the "Old Rectory" was to change the recording tape from time to time, a nail biting experience for young fellas!!!

Post by Guest »

KPD, If you are a tower developer looking for sites, feel free to contact me. Our township zoning has just been revised and is pro wind power! I personally have a piece on land a tower developer looked at and gave the thumbs up to. To contact me go to our website www.greenleaffarms.net Thanks Dana