Book out in print now

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

dakbaihay

Book out in print now

Post by dakbaihay »

Has anyone read a rather new book by Bill Vann called RETIRED? This is an excellant suspense novel and talks about Beaver Island a lot. If you havent read it yet you need to get a copy and read it. I was taken away to Beaver Island although I have never visited the place and in fact, :-) never knew it even exsisted. Take my word for it, you will enjoy the book.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Heard of the book and just haven't gotten my hands on it yet. Bill Van is a heck of a guy, known him now for a good number of years and am anxious to read his book, if anyone knows where it is available, let us know!!!
jflanagan

Book out in print now

Post by jflanagan »

Rich,

I just ordered one from amazon.com. They had 4 new copies left and a bunch used. The reviews and comments there looked very interesting.

Jim
Debbie Robert

"Retired"

Post by Debbie Robert »

I could be wrong Richie, but I think I saw it on sale at McDonough's Market. Might want to check there first.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Denise told me the same thing this morning!! Thanks Debbie!