Grand Rapids Party

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Mara

Party

Post by Mara »

Oh Shirley and all that sounds like a lot of fun! I did my research and I just have to talk to the family about it now! I am sure it will be just a great time. Have you ever done "Tip boards"? I am sure you would know what they are, but as an example...You have a board with a winning # (hidden until the last tab is pulled) and then you sell them and split the winnings...Winner gets money and B.I. gets money! I could obtain some for you and at least send them your way....It is a great money maker and everybody loves to play....E-mail me at mara23@mchsi.com for more details. I just had a similar shindig to help with my wedding back in June. It was a blast and I love participating in these events! I will let everyone know if I can make it and who I am when I get there! Thanks for the great details!!!
Marie LaFreniere

Grand Rapids Party

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Mara,

Hope you can make it to the party. We'll be there.... and by the way, Shirley is also your cousin. There will be a few of us there!
Mara

Post by Mara »

Is is a donation to enter or is there a flat fee to buy tickets? I just made some reservations for my sister and myself at that Hotel. Is everyone staying at the hotel? How about...do you all fly in at this airport that is near there? We would be driving we decided and leave that morning from Chicago. I am looking forward to this!!!
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Most of the people drive in for the occasion, and those that travel usually stay at the hotel for simplicity purposes. The tickets are $10 at the door, which help pay for the hall, the band, and a few appetizers as well. Dress is semi-casual, but there's always a good mix from dresses to blue jeans. Wear whatever is comfortable for you, and I'm so glad you decided to come! As Marie pointed out, you'll have lots of cousins to meet! See you soon!
Diane

GR PARTY

Post by Diane »

Shirley has someone already collected the weekend for two & door prizes for the GR Party??

Call me or have Diane O'Donnell call ASAP!

Thanks,
Diane
Mara

Door Prizes

Post by Mara »

If whoever is in charge and is need for more door prizes, please e-mail me. I can usually obtain some good ones. I can send them to you or I will be there and could get them to you that day. Just let me know, I am happy to help!

Thanks,

Mara
mara23@mchsi.com
Jon Bouck

Grand Rapids Party and an Island Art show the same day.

Post by Jon Bouck »

Good news and bad news/ but could be good news.
Tributary art gallery is opening in downtown Grand Rapids that day, featuring many works from the island.

The good news; I've always wanted to know more about this party, since I've been living in Grand Rapids the past 9 years. Having returned to the island over the past 12 years and painting each summer, I hope to be able to come to the party on the 26th.

The bad news: I am already commited to an event that day. My brother Jake and I are opening an art gallery in Downtown Grand Rapids with our Grand Opening that day, the 26th.
The good news is our opening is from 1- 8 and we should be able to join the fun at the party after our show.

Everyone is invited to attend the Grand Opening to my gallery - which is located at 40 S. Division Street here in GR. You can go to www.tributaryart.net for additional information.

Hope to see you all soon,
Jon Bouck
Mary E

count me in

Post by Mary E »

A certain McDonough and Spanhak have talked me into going this year - I am really looking forward to it! See you all there
Mary (Perdue) Freundl
Rich

Post by Rich »

Good Lord, I hope it isn't the two lads I know!!!!
BOBCLARK

GRAND RAPIDS

Post by BOBCLARK »

HI, JUST WONDERED IF ANNE AND BETTY WILL BE THERE.
CAROL DUMPED ME IN SEPT.
BC
Jon Bouck

Door prize?

Post by Jon Bouck »

I may be able to get another painting framed as a door prize for the party. Who do I talk to and how do we make the connection? Jon Bouck
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Hi Jon - I'm a member of the club and work downtown GR. If you plan to be at the gallery this week, I can try to swing by. My email is pstatch@aol.com. Send me a note and we can make contact at your convenience. Thanking you in advance and looking forward to meeting you ~ Shirley Cole